HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 10, 2007

This is what a year of partying can do

I've said it before, I feel sorry for the young 'stars' who have such bad parential units that they grow up thinking that alcohol, drugs, partying every night, and bashing cars into anything in front of them if just A-OK behavior. It's apparent that these girls just don't know how to behave, seeing as that nobody ever taught them what good public behavior is all about.



You didn't even try. You made no effort. You were so blitzed that you couldn't even lip synch to your song. Dancing? You could barely walk across the stage. You needed help doing moves. You were pathetic. You sucked. You deserved the boos you got.

Why did you think you could come on stage so out of shape in that ridiculous outfit you were bursting out of, and prance around looking like you've just come out of a vicodin haze and think people would welcome you back with open arms.

You destroyed your career all by yourself. It isn't Kevins fault. It isn't your mother's fault. It isn't your kids faults. It is YOUR fault for being a total sleaze and not even having enough respect for your fans (and I have NEVER been one) to even try.

You suck, Britany.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Yeah, that was hard to watch. I felt like I was watching someone who has never been on stage before.

Although, I disagree with one point---I don't think people wanted her to suceed, nor do I think MTV booked her hoping she'd be great. I think she was booked, and people watched, b/c she is a train wreck. The fickle tide of public opinion has turned, and unfortunately, she is way too far gone to realize it, or maybe she does realize it and doesn't care.

I'm not sure if I pity her or think she deserves it; but it does bug me that I think about this at all!

10/9/07 7:23 AM  
Blogger The Hotfessional said...

Oh my gawd. That was horrible and so, so, wrong.

10/9/07 8:21 AM  
Anonymous pinks & Blues Girls said...

The "performance" was a total joke. In her heyday, we all knew she couldn't really sing well. But she could entertain, and that was her thing. Last night was like an amateur act at a strip club.

My sister wrote about it on our blog, too. Hot topic today, for all the wrong reasons!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

10/9/07 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Rhea said...

When she entered show business she was extremely young. She was shaped by the adults around her. She became the 'slut' they wanted her to be because they thought that image would sell CDs. Britney is an industry. The demands, and who knows else, that must swirl around her must be intense. I don't blame her for anything. She never had a chance. It's too easy to cast misogyny at women in our culture.

11/9/07 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Kelliqua said...

Out of shape? Compared to whom? Do you mean plastic dolls that are unrealistically disproportionate (ie: Barbie) or other "stars" that spend oodles of money on surgeries to reshape, recreate and in many cases, fully invent a new body from the one that God gave them?

I agree that she appears drugged and the performance was horribly bad, but come on...knocking other women for not being supermodel thin or having "perfect" bodies?

No wonder girls today have such body complexes if this is all the public focuses on.

12/9/07 9:02 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

When I said out of shape, I meant unable to do a dance step, get up on a platform by herself, walk across a stage, etc. She looked as if she hadn't done a lick of exercise in months, and to go onstage without any rehersals...well, she looked like she had no clue as to why she was there.

Frankly, I wish I had her body. After 2 babies, she was looking pretty damn good.

12/9/07 10:59 AM  
Blogger Kelliqua said...

Ahh, I misunderstood, then. Sorry.

I thought they were all helping her get up and down the platforms so that she wouldn't fall and hurt herself, she couldn't even seem to walk steadily on the flat surfaces. Sad.

12/9/07 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to come and comment about the "out of shape" remark but I see you already addressed that. It is a bit misleading...

Since there always seems to be someone following her 24/7 I think she did practice and such BUT I think she made at least two critical mistakes.

She did go out partying the night before.. not the best idea prior to a big performance.

I also think she let herself get psyched out. She knew how important this was and that everyone whether they care about her career or not would be watching and judging her. Even the slightest mistake would be pointed out a million times. That is a lot of pressure for any one to take. So maybe she went out to escape feeling nervous... I don't know.

Britney's no saint, but I couldn't imagine living life under a microscope for as long as she has.

13/9/07 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.