HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Watch me smack myself in the head!

Come one, come all. It's gonna be sweet. I'm going to smack my head against the wall until my brains fall out. Oh yeah, I am.

Why? Because my son, my delightful but slightly quirky son, comes down tonight about an hour after he went to bed and tells me he doesn't want to go to the funeral tomorrow, he wants to go to the special family memorial after school. Which is fine. If he's nervous about going to a funeral with a huge crowd of people, I'm certainly not going to force him to go.

But. BUT. B. U. T. This means I have to go back to Marshalls again to return the outfit I bought him specifically for the freaking funeral.

Again. Marshalls. Is God trying to tell me something? Am I meant to spend my life wandering aimlessly amongst the aisles of marked down 'designer' merchandise? Am I supposed to walk longingly up and down the aisles of adorable shoes knowing that they never have my size? Or saunter by the cooking utensils, dishes, and especially the gorgeous Le Crueset blue pot marked $79.99 I saw today and almost cried over, knowing that not only can I not afford any more kitchen detrius, but that even if I could, I have absolutely no place to store one more pan.

Is this some kind of weird punishment for being so cheap as to only shop Marshalls and the thrift stores? Or is it for being poor? Unstylish? Horribly last season?

I fear that I'm going to become like that lady that got kicked out of Filenes Basement for returning too much stuff. Oddly enough, that's the Filene's Basement right up the street from our Marshalls. Oh, I'm in way over my head, aren't I?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

A pot for $79.99?? Is it inlaid with gold on the inside?!?

The last pot I bought was $11.99 and came with a free mini-skillet! Score!

7/9/07 12:49 AM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Best wishes for the whole funeral deal. Don't overdo Oh Queen of Marshall's and don't forget to wear your tiara!!!!!

7/9/07 4:01 AM  
Anonymous Pinks & Blues Girls said...

Marshall's definitely has some vendetta against you. Can't deny it.

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

7/9/07 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.