HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 24, 2007

What do you do when....

You're in the hospital, you have a new roomate, she's not the most pleasant friendly person, and she fights with her grown up daughters constantly while blasting the TV at top volume? Are you allowed to smother her in her sleep?

I miss my little old Irish lady. This one... oy vey! She's in her 70's, has a real attitude problem, she can't read (I mean really, she is illiterate) and got all pissed with the nurses over paperwork like it's THEIR fault she can't read, etc.

I wanna go home. I'm not going to be able to leave until at least tomorrow, and I really just want to take my stuff and hightail it out of here. I won't, but it's so frustrating when you are stuck in a room all day long with someone who just doesn't even want to be pleasant. How hard is it to keep your mouth shut and not bitch at people who are trying to help you?

The hospital WIFI blocks yahoo, so I can't read my email. I can't get into my bloglines from here either. They seem to block anything they determine to be a big time sink, since all the employees have laptops and are on the same LAN. I think I might suggest that patient LANs are different than employee LANs.

I have a wicked headache but I can't take anything. I'm sure it's from noise, and I've got them searching for a pair of ear plugs for me now. The room is very hot, but I'm right next to the window and I have a really nice view from my bed. I'm up high, on the 14th floor, so I can see a fair distance.

The kids are all right. Girl isn't thrilled with her situation right now, but she's spending the afternoon at our house with Worthless Pet and Fishy and that will make her happier. She needs her alone time for all that serious trama counseling she does with her friends. I'm so glad I am not 15 again.

Thanks again for all the nice comments, etc. It is interesting for me to see first hand this little community we've created for ourselves online. So very comforting, too. I can't wait to get home and be able to catch up with all of you. Don't do anything too exciting until I get back.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous bethany actually said...

Sorry to hear about the headache and the annoying roommate (I certainly wouldn't hold it against you if you smothered her), but SO glad to hear you're on the mend and will be home soon. Keep getting better!

24/9/07 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Rhea said...

I'm at work. How could I do anything exciting?!

24/9/07 1:44 PM  
Blogger moon said...

I haven't been on line for a few days, so I was very sad to read all thats been happening with you. I'm glad u are feeling a bit better..but hope u lose the roommate from hell..omg...how horrible she sounds! Some ppl have no idea at all....(rolls eyes)
I look forward to u blogging from home....Were u more able to get some sleep? I hope so...My thoughts are with your prompt recovery and being home.

24/9/07 4:08 PM  
Blogger Malady said...

M---Just checked into your blog after the weekend and was shocked to see you are in the hospital. Sending good wishes of health your way!!!! Hang in there!

-Malady

http://craftingbycandlelight.blogspot.com

24/9/07 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Mom on Coffee said...

You have certainly had your fair share of run-ins with grumpy people at medical buildings! Some people just don't know how to act. Ugh. Glad to see you're doing better, aside from the headache of course. You're in my thoughts!

24/9/07 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.