HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

I have never participated in Shannon's Works for Me Wednesday's before, because they're usually little tips, and believe me, you don't want my little tips. I don't do anything the easy way, and mostly I do it in the most convoluted way possible. But this week Shannon's W4MW is about Brand Name Recommendations, and I have a few products that I absolutely CANNOT live without, so finally I can participate. I mean, I always have a love for certain products, right? Don't you?

My Filofax. I'll be honest with you. If I didn't have my filofax I honestly couldn't leave the house. It is the one product that rules my life. I know most people have gone digital and no longer keep such a beast in their purse, but I've tried the digital route, and it just didn't work for me. I didn't synch my appointments, I didn't write stuff in the PDA, and I eventually just bagged it. I'm definately more of a pen and paper kinda gal.



My Filofax is totally customized for my every want and need. It took me a long time to figure out what I didn't need to carry around, what I wanted to have in my Filofax, and what would make it the most useful tool for me.For example, I keep my credit cards right in the front of my Filofax, right along with my driving license (hidden). Under that flap are all my hospital cards and insurance cards, all together where I can just grab them when I need them.


Next is my wallet. This isn't something most people with a Filofax have, but it totally works for me. I have one flap for my bills, one for receipts, and then on the other side is a coin recepticle that I actually don't use anymore because it's ripped from overuse. I have to order another wallet but they come from the UK and cost a small fortune, so I'm learning to adapt.


I have all my information in my Filofax as well. I keep a calendar for my appointments, an address book that has been updated countless times, and all sorts of other things like books I want to read and shopping lists and packing lists. The Filofax comes with bazillions of inserts. You just pick the ones you want.


I like maps. Oh hell, I love maps. I'm no Miss Teen Carolina. I can find the USA and pretty much every other country on a map. I carry a world map, a map of Europe, a map of Boston, and a map of the US in my Filofax. You never know when you might need a map!



In the back of my Filofax I have a zipper pocket that holds a bunch of important things I need but not every day. My business cards are in there. So are other people's business cards. The ones that don't fit into my 7 sleeves of business cards I'm not going to show you because they're personal. But take it from me, every doctor, lawyer, and Indian chief has his card in my Filofax.



Hellmans Mayonaise. Or Best Foods in the West. I cannot live without Hellmans. I will not eat any other kind of mayonaisse. I will not even consider Miracle Whip, which is an abomination in my opinion. Hellmans tastes good. Period. What else can I say about a product I've used for 50+ years with not one interruption to try anything else.

Method Products. I've used a lot of cleaning products over the years. I've tried the commercial ones like Tide and Ajax and Dawn Detergent. I've tried the Simple Green and the Orange stuff. But nothing works as well, smells as good, and is as environmentally safe as the method products.

I started using Method dishwashing liquid and laundry detergent in lavender scent. Oh my laundry smells so good. Then I moved onto floor cleaning stuff, and the general cleaning stuff. And now, I'm an addict to the Method Bloq, which is their latest group of products. The soap in the shower. You can't imagine how clean and delightful you feel when you step out of the shower after using the Bloq soap. Then you rub on the Bloq lotion, which is light and refreshing and makes you feel all silky smooth. Who wants to put on clothes when you feel this soft and good? That stuff is miraculous. Plus, it's green. Not tested on animals. Doesn't pollute. Smells so good you just want to eat it. Try it! You will LOVE it.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

Did you know I adore maps too? My mom used to have a large world map and one of the US/Canada on the walls of her office. My mom used to make us play geography games on car trips. I rock at those! When National Geographic's new world map came last year I looked at ot for 2 hours. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. I'm thinking he couldn't find Peru on a map.

5/9/07 2:23 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm a pda girl myself, but you certainly seem to have gotten your filofax just where you want it.

I'm with you on the Hellman's though. Unfortunately it's the reduced fat version for me, but still, it's the only one I buy. I tried a few of the super diet ones and chucked them out after one taste. Blech!

5/9/07 3:36 AM  
Blogger Marcia said...

I love how you customised your filofax. I'm with you on the paper thing - I also leave home with my planner always except when I go to the gym.

Nice to meet you! your twins are cute!

Organising queen and
Marcia's take charge blog

5/9/07 4:46 AM  
Blogger Laane said...

Well, I hope I won't make you mad.
I'm a bit hesitant to comment now.

I don't think all those tips are little. To the persons that write them down they certainly aren't.
But you have to read through tips you can't use, that's true.

The filofax seems to be handy.
I'm always a bit hesitant to keep everything at the same place, so when you loose the money you loose the cards.

But I guess the folofax is so close to your heart and so well guarded it won't happen.

Have a great day!

5/9/07 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Ohh, I like the filofax idea. You've got me scanning ebay for one now...

The only Method product I've tried so far, is the sea minerals hand wash. It smells so good and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean.

5/9/07 2:01 PM  
Blogger Reflekshins said...

i love miracle whip
heh heh

8/9/07 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.