HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 27, 2007

You know how I said I was tired?

I slept for 14 hours today. Fourteen hours! I'm feeling refreshed, but still off. I tried to read today, and I am having trouble concentrating. What should have taken a few hours to read is taking so much longer. I believe my brain is begging for more oxygen.

So let's talk TV. I can do TV. Last night I watched that new show Dirty Sexy Money. I think I'm going to like this one, despite the addition of Billy Baldwin to the cast. There is something that irritates me about the Baldwin brothers. Alex doesn't bother me that much, but the rest of them? Ugh. As a member of a large ensemble cast including Donald Sutherland and Jill Clayburgh and starring the absolutely wonderful Peter Krause, Baldwin won't drive me away. This show reminded me a lot of the early days of Desperate Housewives, funny, sexy and more than a bit absurd. I hope it can remain as amusing as the pilot.

I'm also watching the new Gorden Ramsey show Kitchen Nightmares. It shows yet another side of Ramsey, helping owners with failing restaurants to revitalize their business with changes in decor, menu, and especially employee problems. This week's restaurant was so filthy and disgusting it make me literally sick to watch. Vermin, roaches, rotten food. I swear, eating out is more dangerous than crossing the highway on foot.

The rest of my TV viewing are return shows. I'm into Ugly Betty since I watched the marathon at the hospital. It's really an innovative and interesting, although completely implausable show. But quite enjoyable, overall. I like Betty, but I like the other cast members just as much.

I watched the premier of House and, as usually, was hooked. There is something about that show that I find riveting in it's absurdity. It isn't the medicine, it's House himself. He's a character that, although unbelievable, is so curious to watch, and so freaking funny. His use of sarcasm is perfect.

Have you been watching Ken Burn's new series on PBS, War? It is spectacular. Amazing. Inspiring, Awesome. Ken Burns has never done a bad series. He's a genius at combining dialog, historical significance, music and still photos to create a living memorial to his subject. But this is his best series to date, even better than the Civil War. If you haven't seen it yet, try to catch a few episodes. It's must see TV.

Otherwise, nothing much on the fall schedule that interests me. What are you watching?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

I missed Dirty Sexy Money, I really wanted to see it, oh well have to catch it next week I guess.

I unfortunately am I watcher of reality tv, yes that means survivor and Top model. I know, but I just can't get enough :)

27/9/07 9:37 PM  
Blogger Reflekshins said...

waiting for Dexter to start up again on Sunday.

Hell's Kitchen was okay but I think he had the hots for the blonde girl at the end -- not so sure Bonnie should have made it that far.

cheers

27/9/07 9:39 PM  
Blogger Sechakecha said...

I watched the premier of Private Practice Wednesday and... I'm not too sure on that one. I don't know how long it will make it. I think it'll be good, but I don't think it'll live up to the hype. And if they don't stop airing commercials every 5-8 minutes of the show. ~.~

Then, Gray's last night. It looks like it's gona be awesome. It's starting up to be an excelent season I think.

Only other thing I really watch other than game shows in NCIS. And unfortently I wasn't paying too much attention to the season opener.

28/9/07 7:56 AM  
Blogger Shan said...

I was in love with Dirty Sexy Money five minutes in.

28/9/07 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.