HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Big News

I went car shopping today and ended up buying a new old car. It's a 2000 Caravan, kind of a greenish silver color. It is a great deal, honestly. I brought my friend Iris, the champion bargainer of the world, and between us we got them down a full thousand dollars. I have pictures of the car, but the batteries in the camera ran out, so I can't post them just yet.

But I bought a car! Wahoo!

Then we went to see the Girl and drop off some stuff. She's doing great. She and her brother almost got along, no sharp words or anything. My dead car is still in the parking lot there. When I get my new car, I'll go, clean out the old car, and donate it to the special Olympics. I can't think of anything else to do with it.

On the way home we stopped at a furniture store because Iris is in the market for a new sofa. She fell in love with a blue chaise lounge that was very comfy, and then we found out that a sofa that we all loved could be covered in an eggplant colored microfiber. If you knew Iris, you would know how funny that was. So she ordered the eggplant microfiber to cover the sofa, and a really nice contrasting fabric for pillows. I'm so excited for her. This is for her den/TV room, which is sort of her private oasis from her family. This is a great purchase for her to make, and she didn't buy MATCHING furniture. This is a turning point for her! I'm very very proud of her.

Plus, Red Sox tonight. A very exciting and productive day. Eventually, to be illustrated with pics when I get batteries tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous jo said...

Wait a minute....not iris with a last name reminiscent of a beach?

27/10/07 6:09 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

A special day is coming up on my blog and in the blogosphere. Bloggers are set to blog for peace November 7, 2007.

I invite you to join me - and a cast of incredible bloggers - as we mark our world with a promise of peace. Bloggers from around the world including 30 countries (and counting)and nearly every state in the United States will participate in BlogBlast for Peace.I hope you will participate in this growing phenomenon.
Your blog. One post. One day. Please spread the word.
How To Get Your Peace Globe
Thank you,
Mimi Lenox

27/10/07 8:18 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I hope the minivan fills the missing puzzle piece for you! I like mine -- a Pontiac Transport, a little older than your "new" one. It works for college moves, etc.

27/10/07 9:25 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Jo, not a beach that I can think of. More like a plant or a flower.

Mimi, I'll pass on the information and of course I'll join you. Peace is my most fervent wish.

27/10/07 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.