HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 01, 2007

Crap, Margalitaville Style

Things are not well with the Boy. They haven't been for a long time. We've had a lot of ups and a lot of downs, and a bit more mania than I can handle. It's quite difficult in fact. This past week has been hell. At first people other than myself attributed his difficulties to my hospitalization. Some thought it was a reaction to my illness, others thought it was a reaction to facing the rather bleak future. I wasn't necessarily in agreement. It seemed to me that he wasn't much affected by my illness at all, and enjoyed the time off from his sister and me. Maybe I'm wrong, but how would I know? He's not talking.

Last week he got mad at the director of his program at school and walked out of school 1.5 hours early with no permission. He got an in-school suspension for that, but even though he deserved the suspension, he was pissed because it was a 4 hour suspension and he only skipped 1.5 hours of school. That is a typical response from him. He has some issues with recognizing his culpability on a good day.

He's been skipping Latin and his teacher is ready to "N" him, which would suck royally. It's his junior year and all this stuff counts. And then today he got pissed again at a teacher because he was put down to Level 2 from his usual Level 5, which means he didn't get to get some sort of freedom points. So he walked out of class and went down to the cafeteria to sulk. The teacher went to get him, he told her to "Fuck off" and got suspended at home for the day. Lucky me.

This does NOT bode well for the school year. He usually doesn't pull these shenanigans until very late in the school year, sometime in the spring. He's screwing up really early in the most important year of all.

I'm ready to pull my hair out of my head in clumps. I'm so angry. I'm so frustrated. I honestly don't know what to do next. Tomorrow we have a meeting at 7:30 am to get him reinstated in school. We have another meeting on Thursday with all of the main players attending. That's all the therapists, teachers, and other experts we work with to get and keep this kid stable. I don't know yet what we're going to accomplish other than keeping him safe. He's terribly miserable but he's unable to even talk about what it is that's tearing him apart. Home is OK, he saw his girlfriend this past weekend all day long, he's hanging out with friends. So far, at least to me, it looks like school is an inconvenience for him. It interrupts his time playing guitar, video games, and watching TV. Horrors!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

He's screwing up really early in the most important year of all.

I think you may have answered your own question. It's not a response to your illness; it's a response to "oh my god, it's junior year, and everything I do counts".

2/10/07 6:38 AM  
Blogger Miguelina. said...

I fear the teenage years.

3/10/07 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.