HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Great MoFo Delurk and other items of interest

Today is the great MoFo Delurk, so I'll be leaving comments hither and yon on your blogs, and hope you do the same here. The point is to let bloggers know that their words are being read, even if you have something to say in disagreement. For me, at least. I don't mind disagreement. I really dislike trolling and people acting like sychophants. So tell me what you think, but keep it clean.

So yesterday I didn't post. That's unusual for me, as I try to keep to at least one post a day, sometimes more. I'll tell you the reason I didn't post, as it is SO pathetic that it's kind of funny. I had 4 different appointments yesterday. I never plan so many appointments on the same day, but this just got away from me. First readmitting the Boy to school after a days suspension at 7:30 am, then an appointment with my attorney to write a new will, health care proxy, and other legal stuff. I got through those appointments, came home and took a teeny nap and then got up to my doctor's appointment at 2, and then on to the Boy's Pdoc appointment at 3:40. So it was a busy busy day and I didn't have a chance to take my Lasix until later in the day, after my doctor's appointment. In the meantime, the downstairs toilet clogged AGAIN, and no amount of plunging could fix it. The Lasix kicked in when we arrived at the Boy's Pdoc appointment, and I knew that when we got home I would have to go upstairs until the downstairs toilet was fixed. The plumber didn't arrive until 2 pm today, so I was a prisoner upstairs where I could pee. See, pathetic. When I win the lottery that I do not play, I plan to build a house on one floor with bathrooms everywhere. Two bathrooms are not enough for my family.

Have you seen the previews for Dr Phil for tomorrow? He's planning to do a show on Britney Spears losing her kids, and he says "now is the time to consider committing Britney". I'm sorry, but when did it become HIS place to decide who needs to to be committed? And does he even KNOW her? Or anything about her other than what's on the news? I just feel that the poor woman is suffering enough. She's in terrible shape. She's lost her kids due to her behavior. Does she need a show devoted to bashing her and suggesting that she needs to be in a mental institution or hospitalized? I cannot stand that man, I swear it. I blame Oprah for siccing him on us.

First game of the post season is tonight. Red Sox vs Angels. The teams of my two homes, LA and Boston. I'm rooting for the Sox. Big surprise there!

My heart is overloading again and the doctors keep upping my lasix dose. It's so high right now that I literally can't go anywhere or do anything for hours of the day. Makes my life a bit boring, but hopefully it will work and I'll go down another 10 lbs. Nothing like getting rid of excess water weight to make you feel lighter and more comfortable.

The Boy has become obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Obsessed. His friend has every single season on DVD and he's watched 1-3 in the past couple of weeks and is now watching season 4. I never saw the show when it was on, although my old boss was a HUGE fan, and now to be forced to watch it because it's always on the TV.... well, let's just say that I think it's pretty blech.

I need new shampoo and conditioner recommendations. What my kids like and use isn't working for me at all, and my hair is all lanky and gets greasy in a day. I can't shampoo every day because then I'd be bald, so I need to find something that cleans really well and leaves no residue, and a conditioner that just detangles and doesn't overwhelm my hair. My hair is fairly coarse in texture and wavy. It used to be thick but it isn't anymore. It's pretty normal, not thin at all, but I lose a lot of hair as do most women of 'a certain age'. Anyone?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

17 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

My absolute favorite shampoo is made by LUSH. It's called "Big." Makes my hair clean and shiny and it has done wonders for my scalp.

I also like Burt's Bees shampoos and conditioners because they don't have all that nasty stuff you've been reading about in the media lately like parabens.

3/10/07 5:49 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Wasn't that whine about school traffic posted yesterday? I'm just sayin'....

3/10/07 6:19 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Just looked again, letters to whine about school traffic, rather than a true post. I stand corrected (before I even was)

3/10/07 6:29 PM  
Blogger dawn224 said...

Delurking for today! Hello!

3/10/07 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you're soliciting comments today, I decided to finally do it. Have been reading your blog since right before the holidays -- was directed to your Rosh Hashanah "outsider" post and really enjoyed it.

We may not always agree (and now that I know, next time I'll tell you!) but we're both Boston dwellers who are spritiual but not religious in the "organized" sense of the word, and its great to read your stuff.

So know that you're read and appreciated.

-Li

3/10/07 8:38 PM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

"When I win the lottery that I do not play..."

Heh. :-)

3/10/07 8:53 PM  
Blogger kitten said...

I can relate to the everything goes wrong and I gotta PEE!!!!!! As for shampoo and conditioner. Depends on what type of hair you have, but I'll just give you brand names to choose from. Redken, TIGI, and Sebastian. There are quite a few others and NO I do NOT recommend grocery store brand shampoos, EVER! They suck and it is so worth it to have decent feeling hair - even if you're like me and can never style it right. At least if FEELS good. DO you have a friend that is a stylist? Maybe you can get them to go to the salon wholesalers that they use (or go with them or borrow their card) and get it for you at wholesale price. In SC even massage therapists can use the salon wholesalers, perhaps they can where you are and you know a therapist? ANywho, almost any salon brand is good, you might ask the person who cuts your hair for a recommendation for your particular hair. BTW, if you colour, you need moisturising shampoo and conditioner.

3/10/07 9:24 PM  
Blogger kitten said...

as an addendum to previous comment, you don't have to post if you don't wish to, but women of a certain age do NOT lose their hair. How's your thyroid? Have you had it checked or are you on meds? Some meds do cause hair loss and there is rogaine for women and also you could be losing hair from stress. I went from coarse and thick to fine, curly and thin a few yrs ago due to severe stress, it's come back to thick and somewhat coarse, still curly but it took afew yrs to come back.

3/10/07 9:28 PM  
Blogger Miguelina. said...

Not really a lurker, but saying hello anyways.

I use the Dove hair stuff and I like it. I think it's called weightless moisture.

3/10/07 9:52 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Sorry about your heart. At what point will they consider a transplant for you? My Mom has the same condition, with the added bonus of end stage COPD. They will not consider transplant for her until she is considered to have deteriorated enough to be 2 years or less from death. Lovely, eh? She gets very frustrated with Lasik as well.

Shampoo...well, I grew up using the expensive stuff because my Mom was a hairdresser, and I still buy it when I can. But, I've found that Pantene Ice Shine is really a very good product at a reasonable price.

3/10/07 11:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Delurking to say Hi!

4/10/07 12:08 AM  
Blogger Rhiannon said...

Can I delurk now? Because I came right home and went to bed after wrok last night. LAME, I know. But, here's my shampoo recommendation:

It's Wella - I use a color treated one, but I am sure they have others. It's a 'relaxing' shampoo, which is fantastic for me because I have very coarse, thick, curly hair. Like yours, maybe?

Do you have Ulta in Boston? Because I just saw two HUGE bottles there for $20, which will last you forever, and sometimes there is coupons for Ulta in the Sunday paper. I am the only one who uses this shampoo/conditioner and I've had the same 2 bottles since last Thanksgiving. Pretty good?

4/10/07 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Kara said...

Just letting you know that even though I don't have a lot to say in the comments, I do read you every day. Keep up the good work.

4/10/07 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love read your blog every day, finally delurking.

Pam

4/10/07 9:28 AM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Hey! I play that same lottery!!!

Sorry, I have bone-straight hair and jump from product to product in an attempt to get it to jump to life.

Happy Delurking Day (a day late!)

4/10/07 8:33 PM  
Blogger Dave2 said...

But I totally love being a lurker! It sounds so cool and dangerous!

Or pervy. Hmmm... I can't decide.

5/10/07 1:17 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I just bought some Avalon Lavender and something shampoo and conditioner at Whole Paycheck. Smells lovely and the conditioner is very light.

5/10/07 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.