HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lessons to be learned--updated!

I cook, you clean. We all know that one, right? If I spend an hour or so making a huge pot of chili that feeds your friends and yourself, the least you can do is clean up the kitchen. Seems pretty standard to me.

But then, I'm not a lazy 15-year old Boy. I am certainly not the laziest teenager on the planet, one with an attitude that honestly believes all housework should be the domain of someone else. Who? I don't know. It isn't gonna be me, that's all I know. But the Boy, he's a bit deluded when it comes to actually getting off his ass and doing chores. Even chores we agreed upon. He always has an excuse.

"Oh, Margalit", you say, "stop complaining. He's a kid!" To which I respond in the affirmative. He is a kid. A lazy, manipulative, lying kid. But he's all mine! And I love him despite the fact that he makes me insane on an hourly basis.

Last night I had him do the dishes. He had a bunch of friends over for dinner, I made a big pot of chili, they ate, he was supposed to clean up. Now remember, we have a brand new dishwasher, so all he has to do is rinse the dishes, stick them in the washer, and turn it on. It is not rocket science, nor is it backbreaking labor. Um, yeah.

This is his attempt to do the dishes, as of this morning:



Chili pot unwashed. Pitcher for juice unwashed. Dishes unwashed. Cutting board unwashed. Sink left filthy. You should have SEEN the counters. The second I got downstairs I spent some time with a sponge cleaning them up. They were disgusting.

I'd say "check out the stovetop" but blogger is being a shit and won't let me upload another picture. So use your imagination and picture a stovetop filled with crumbs and all sorts of detrius. I don't even know what all that crap is on there. But I do know he didn't clean it off even though he swore that he did. He stood in front of my bald face lying that he had not only finished the dishes, but had done the counters and the stovetop. What a jerk!

Funny thing, he really misses his sister. He keeps asking when she's going to come home, and he wants to talk to her on the phone. OTOH, she is totally disinterested in him, doesn't care that he misses her, doesn't want to talk to him, etc. She's not bending an inch on this. I was hoping that she might see the light, but not so far.

I talk to her several times a day. She's having a hard time. She can't sleep there, even more than not being able to sleep at home, and that is negatively affecting her behavior and outlook. She's not overtly acting out, but she's been pretty damn nasty to the hospital staff, especially the psychiatrist. Not that he's remotely pleasant, but you can at least feign politeness.

I'm going to see her tomorrow. A friend is driving me out there, and I'm going to try and get the car started so I can at least drive home and take it to a garage nearby to fix. As it is, it's miles away from home and from anywhere near a garage. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get it home, since AAA doesn't pay for long distance towing.

And speaking of money, here's a real dilemma. I had money in my wallet. I KNOW it was there because I gave the Boy some of it to take to the store to get something to munch on. He came back, left me some change which I left on my desk. Both the money in my wallet and the money on my desk are missing. He had friends over, but I don't think they would have taken it. I don't know. All I know is, I'm now penniless until the end of the month because that was all the money I had. I honestly have nothing in the bank, nothing in my wallet, nothing anywhere. I've got a couple of things up on Ebay, so if anyone needs a winter jacket for middle school kids, I've got two I'm selling. So far, no bids either.

I've got a bunch more stuff to list, but the batteries on my camera are dead, and I have no money. My life is such suckage these days. I swear it, every time I try to get ahead I fall further behind.

UPDATE: Not only did he not do the dishes, he did not take the garbage to the curb. Why? Because he didn't feel like it. Honest, that's what he said. How pissed am I? SOOOO pissed. No computer for two weeks. That kid has to be the laziest human being in the entire world. Who is going to marry him?

So what do YOU have to complain about. Let it rip in the comments.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rhea said...

Your misery beats mine. No money till the end of the month!? Well, I took my car in for one little thing and it is costing me $1,000. I am gonna ditch that damn car, I swear.

23/10/07 2:04 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Some treats for you(not the kids) should reach you by Friday!


Hugs.

23/10/07 2:45 PM  
Blogger zoot said...

What is there to complain about?
1) My husband who thinks b/c he cared for my daughter for ONE DAY while I was sick that he deserves some sort of medal of honor.

2) My teenage son who WONT GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE ALREADY

3) My toddler who thinks "NO NO NO NO NONONONONONO" is funny.

23/10/07 3:25 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm getting mad at my hubby. As a general rule he's been earning the money while I've been to college so I do all the kid stuff for our two children and 80% of the housework (at least)plus putting in a good amount of time on my studies. And I'm fairly fine with that. But now he wants me to help him in his business doing marketing and computer stuff but not one word of 'if you do this for me then I'll help with the housework' have I heard - does he think I'm superwoman or does he think that the few hours a week surfing and watching tv is too much free time for me. Grrrr. I'm annoyed and venting but I'll get over it I suppose lol

24/10/07 12:55 PM  
Blogger scribbler said...

My unhappy experience with teenagers is that they will steal things, so I think your wallet is gone forever. Did you mention this to the Boy? If it were a "friend" of mine I would be pretty disturbed.

24/10/07 7:09 PM  
Blogger madamspud169 said...

My hubby has this sky high libido that never decreases. I have a low libido which gets lower with every bit of crap he just dumps on the side (like an empty cup), each fart or studid sentence that comes out his mouth lowers it more.
Sometimes the single life seems so much easier.

25/10/07 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.