HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Let's just get a few things straight, OK?

First, I have felt like complete and total shit for the past couple of weeks. I don't have the energy to get out of bed, never mind read a lot of blogs and comment. I'm tired, I'm in foul humor, I hate life and I'm pretty annoyed with the world right now. And the freaking Red Sox are not making me feel any better. They better get their frigging act together NOW because I'm not going to be happy with one more screwup.

OK, moving on.

To my children:
Perhaps you are confused about role playing in our home. I am the parent. That means I make the rules, I enforce the rules, I tell you what to do. You are the child. I don't care that you are 15 and feel like a contemporary of mine. You are not. You are my child, you do what I say, you follow MY rules, and you don't argue with me about how unfair your life is because you have to empty the frigging dishwasher. Just shut up and DO IT.

Also, while we're on the subject of doing what you are told, you do not get to tell me to shut up, shut the fuck up, fuck off, or anything similar when I ask you to do a chore you are scheduled to do. You do not get to tell me you'll do it later, tomorrow, when you feel like it. You do it when I say to, and you do it without the mouth. Because if you don't, I'm sure that someone somewhere is interested in adopting a 15 year old lazy brat with a foul mouth and a worse attitude. Shall we try?

To my landlady:
If the toilet backs up three times in 2 weeks, and it's had a history of backing up since we moved in 3 years ago, and you TOLD me to call the plumber next time it happens, you do not get to tell me that I'm to pay the plumber. Um, nope. That's not how it works. Your toilet, your tree roots clogging up the sewers, not my problem. I don't pay your plumber. You do.

To my primary care doctor:
I am tired of having to have blood tests every week. I don't want to do this anymore. Leave me alone and go play dracula with someone else.

To my bank of cardiologists:
If you want me to come and see you, how about opening up an appointment before February. I can't get by your office drones. They keep telling me they can't book an oppointment before 2008. I keep telling them that you want to see me sooner. We are at an impasse. I remain in bed until you stop the stalemate and clear your schedule for me. Because I am special.

To my head:
Stop with the migraines already. I can't take anything for them. So stop it. It isn't funny. I'm tired of laying in bed in pain. I do not enjoy wearing the same PJs for days at a time. Leave me alone and go pick on someone who can take medication. Bye!

To my cleaning person:
If I can see cobwebs on my dining room light fixture and on the ballastrades going up the stairs, you are not doing your job well. Please dust! I can't breathe with this much dust.

To everyone else:
Eventually I will feel better and regain my personality. Until then, be glad I'm not visiting your blog and being crabby.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm sorry things are still so rough for you right now. I hope it turns around again soon.

16/10/07 7:04 AM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Oh man...you can't take anything for your migraines? It makes sense that you can't take Immitrex or one of the other similar drugs because they are powerful vasoconstrictors, but what about beta blockers? I've just started taking those because I can't take vasoconstrictors either. They help a lot.

Also, I've been taking something called Phrenalyn Forte, which is just a whopping dose of aceteminophen with a muscle relaxer called Butalbatol.

Anyway...I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. I know that chf can take a lot out of you, but with migraines to boot? That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

16/10/07 7:52 AM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

Margalit, that all sucks. I am especially sorry about the headaches. It's all a bummer, but I think the headaches would push me over the edge. Also, you make me want to call my mom and apologize for every smart-mouthed thing I ever said to her as a teenager.

I'll say some prayers for you. I hope things improve.

16/10/07 8:48 AM  
Blogger Poppy Buxom said...

Well, the Sox won tonight, so that part's better, at least.

Hey, here's a tip for the kids--tell them if they don't do their chores promptly and pleasantly, you'll sell them to the Yankees.

21/10/07 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.