HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Looking Forward to NaBloPoMo?

I really enjoyed participating in last year's NaBloPoMo, even though admittedly I could never remember the acronym. I had to look it up every single time I mentioned it, just as I had to do to write this post. Something about this acronym alludes me. But I digress.

What I enjoyed even more than searching madly for something valid to post about, because I refused to post one of those "I've got nothing" posts, was using the randomizer. I don't remember who make that wonderful tool, but I am hoping that they'll step up to the plate and do it again. I read more blogs I've never heard of during NaBloPoMo last year than I have since I started blogging 4.5 years ago. I found a few blogs that I've continued to read and enjoy, which isn't unusual. But I read blogs that I would never have even considered spending 10 seconds on in the blogworld outside of NaBloPoMo. Some were really cool, some were really odd, some were funny, some were sad. But this entire community of people I never read came up in the randomizer and I spent a lot of time playing with that little button.

Towards the end of November last, many people dropped out. It was disappointing to get all into a blog and then watch it melt away. I was rooting for so many people to finish. Every person that didn't made me sad. I wondered what the reason was. I got to makeup imaginary scenarios that matched the blogs. Oh sure, people just ran out of time and energy. I know that. But when they just left their blogs hanging? I felt almost abandoned.

A lot of what interests me about blogging is getting this little window into other people's lives. There are so many interesting bloggers out there living lives totally different than anyone I know in my real life. It's a bit like walking around your neighborhood at twilight, before anyone closes the curtains, but after they've turned on the lights. You can peek in and see little bits of lives, the furniture they have, the pictures on the wall, the TV they watch, etc. I love that little peek. It's one of the best reasons to get a dog. Then you have permission to be nosy.

I know a lot of people plan what they're going to post, and they give each post a theme or some special characteristic. Not me. I just go on as normal, bitching about politics, poverty, education, and my kids. Because I'm too busy peeking into your lives to get all philosophical on you. Promise!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Fly on the Wall said...

Somehow in this second year of Nablopomo, I've learned to spell it. I can type out Nanowrimo, too without messing up. I just have to do it fast without thinking too hard, and it works.

9/10/07 9:29 PM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

I am on the verge of starting a blog, and I was thinking that signing up for NaBloPoMo would be a good way to really get into the swing of things, but then I realized I will be travelling to be in a wedding over Thanksgiving, and I might be travelling early in the month to visit my aunt who has no internet access at her house. So unfortunately, that is probably not the best month for me. I'll have to check out the randomizer thing, though...

9/10/07 11:35 PM  
Blogger moon said...

I had never heard of Nablopomo, I will check it out for sure. I have however checked out many blogs and found some real jewels...or gone to my friends blogs and checked out comments made by others..thus going to see their blogs.
I have made some wonderful new blog friends and like u say ..it's so much fun to peak into the homes of others...with blogs, the world becomes smaller and smaller. We then look forward to seeing whats new with our regular blog ppl. I kind of think of it as having a coffee with a friend...finding out how their day was ..whats new...etc..I think thats pretty darned cool!

10/10/07 4:08 PM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Part of me thinks this will be really fun and a good test of my ability to write under 'deadline'. Part of me thinks I'll want to shoot myself in the second week for signing up. Not sure what part will win yet.

11/10/07 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.