HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Love my FIOS, hate my router

We've been having internet woes for days now. At first I thought it might be due to the nasty storm we had, with hail and high winds and lots of pouring down rain. But that didn't seem to be it, so I decided I would have to bit the bullet and call Verizon. I dread calling that company with every fiber of my being. They are horrible. They have a voice trail that goes from one option to another, and you never want any of those options.

When you dial their repair number, you get the electronic voice asking you if you want to purchase services. No matter what you say, they want to know what you want to buy. This is their tech support number, but it's voice response hell. You push button after button, say Yes and No louder and louder, and yet you never get what you want. It takes forever.

So of course, I had an audience while I was trying for the 3rd time to get thru to Verizon. The Boy came home from getting in trouble (more on that later) with two friends, who were enjoying me screaming into the phone "Give me frigging TECH SUPPORT", all to no avail. I finally got a tech support person, and was talking to him about all the things we had already tried, hoping that he would not ask me to please reboot the router and the computer. I knew that wasn't going to help. So eventually he figured out that my router was dying, and did some finagling to keep us on the server at Verizon to bypass the router. Did you even know that was an option? I didn't.

Now the internet seems to be working well, and I can finally catch up on my reading. I'm sorry that I've been skipping so many blogs for the last few days, but I've had bad internet and a bad life and that seems to interfere with my desire to read blogs.

The Boy got caught today playing on the roof of some overpriced bath store up the street. The store called the police, and the police called me. All the kids got the parental phone call. I am so not pleased. We have been through the "no playing on roofs" speech several times, starting when he used to jump off the roof of the subway station in town in 6th grade. You would think he would know better, but as he and his friends say, "Everyone plays on the roofs". Unfortunately they happened to get caught at it. Dumbasses. I don't think anything will come of the police report, but if it does, I'm going to go ballistic. The police in our town are one step from Gestapo officers when it comes to kids. They love to prosecute kids. LOVE IT.

Didn't get to see the Girl this weekend due to dead car, which is still sitting in the parking lot of her placement. I may not get there until Wednesday, which sucks. She's feeling a LOT better though, more relaxed and less stressed and miserable.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous FeeFiFoto said...

Have you come across a site called "Dial A Human"? I haven't tried it yet but it looks helpful -- they provide all kinds of phone numbers companies definitely don't want you to have. http://www.dialahuman.com/

21/10/07 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.