HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The perfect green salad

I'd photograph it, but I just ate it. Every single bite. I even licked the bowl.

big handful of fresh washed baby spinach leaves
big handful of fresh mixed baby salad leaves (with radicchio for sharpness)
1/2 english seedless cucumber
big handful cherry grape tomatoes grown at home preferably
1 yellow pepper, large dice
baby portabello mushrooms, sliced thick
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 handful fresh peas
grated carrot

Toss liberally, add in anything else you love, but this is MY combination.

Top with VERY good EVOO and a nice bit of basil vinegar (wine vinegar infused with fresh basil). Add freshly ground pepper, and if you can (I can't) some fresh ground sea salt.

Cut a piece of nice sourdough to help you slurp up the last dregs.

Eat this either late at night for a snack, or for lunch. This is often my midnight snack, when I can eat as much salad as I want without little hands picking out all the peppers, mushrooms, and avocado. Not that I'm naming names or anything.

My motto for this month: Eat More Salad!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

That sound DELICIOUS. Seriously, now my mouth is watering and I don't think I have any salad in the house at all. Not a fan of avocado, but I like to toss some edamame and sunflower seeds in mine. And Kraft makes a low cal red wine vinaigrette that is so yummy.

Crud. I'm going to have to go to the store.

9/10/07 6:12 AM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

Mmmm, I bet the avacado and the basil vinegar really make this delicious!

9/10/07 9:45 AM  
Blogger Rhiannon said...

Could this salad be your signature dish? Sounds YUM!

9/10/07 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.