HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy National Day of Enforced Gluttony

Yes, Turkey Day has finally arrived. This is a day I look forward to all year. I'm always happy to be thankful, but I'm always happier to have a really fine feast. Great good, great parade, fine friends and family. What better can you get? OK, maybe a bit of family dysfunction, which always is great blog fodder, but this year I think we're OK on that score.

We actually made it through an entire day with not one fight. Plus, the Girl has been working hard on not swearing and asked the Boy to try harder to remove the F word from his speech. I'm working to reinforce this as well. Should be interesting. Having the Girl home means freshly painted fingernails for Mommy, a house that already looks like a cyclone struck it, and a ton of kids in the house. She's so happy to be home, to see and talk to her friends, and to hug the Worthless Pet. After weeks away from any furry being, she's finally agreed that she too is allergic to cats. That makes all 3 of us, and yet, we have a cat. A cat that is so happy to see his Girl that he follows her around like a shadow.

I fell asleep before making the last pie, so I have to do it later on, but everything else is right on schedule. Dinner at 6. I'm already salivating. The pecan pie I made looks so outstanding. I'm not one to like a small layer of nuts and a bunch of the gooey stuff. Nope, I like a pie that is thick with nuts. It's something you only eat once a year, why not make it super indulgent? That's my motto!

For those of you lame enough to be blogging on Thanksgiving Day, and for my international readers who are probably sick to death of Thanksgiving posts, I swear that this will be my last word on the subject. After I gloat about how wonderful the dinner was. Deal?

Gooble gobble gobble.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rhea said...

I'm wishing you a calm and happy holiday!

22/11/07 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Angel said...

I'm a long time lurker, but I believe that this is my first time commenting. I love your blog, and look forward to reading it each day. Happy Thanksgiving Margalit, to you and your family. I hope your day is as wonderful as you are.

22/11/07 10:50 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Allergic to cats? So am I. I recommend rabbits. They litter train easily, and they're rather independent creatures, except when they want snuggling and attention. Much like cats, I dare say. Biased? Maybe. We have three.

22/11/07 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.