HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 12, 2007

Ho-Ho-Ho, it's Joe-Joes Time

Anyone that has been reading this blog for the past 4 years or any subset of that knows my feelings on Christmas. Overblown, overbearing, ridiculous waste of energy and money, blah blah blah. However, in the interest of true confession and holiday honesty, there are two things about Christmas that I love. Candy canes. Oh man, perfection in confection. There can never been too many candy canes as far as I'm concerned. I'm mortified to buy them because in Jewville, where I live, you tend to run into your neighbors and synagogue congregants in every freaking store. I feel like I'm crossing over the goyish line when I buy candy canes, but I don't care. I throw caution to the wind and buy them anyhow. I don't like the little teeny ones... they don't last long enough. I don't like the big giant straight thick ones either. I like the regular hooked candy canes in the 6" size. They are magnificent.


The other thing about Christmas that I love? Well, unless you're a totally lucky duck and live within easy driving distance of a Trader Joe's, you're totally out of luck. Because the greatest thing since candy canes are Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe'. Oh yeah, the greatest cookie ever made. Organic, no trans-fats and to die for. Of course it helps if you're a candy cane addict like me. So what are these Joe-Joe's that I speak of? They start with a delightfully crispy chocolate cookie. Then sandwiched in-between the chocolate cookies is a dreamy cream made of oreo-esque filling with bits of candy cane. They taste pepperminty and chocolate and they are creamy and crunchy and absolute perfection in a box.


But hurry! You can only get them for a few weeks this time of year. Because they are so popular with the Trader Joe's shoppers, they tend to sell out early. As does their peppermint bark, if you're so inclined to shell out the big bucks for something you can make so easily. For $2.99 a box, they're a little bit of heaven.

Note, I do not work for Trader Joe's, nor do I own stock in the company or represent them in any way except and a beloved and satisfied customer that loves the peppermint flavor in their cookies, bark, and oh...did I mention the cheesecake? Yeah. I bought one but the Boy ate the entire thing, and I never even got a chance to taste it. I hate that kid.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger kabbage said...

Thanks for the tip on the candy cane Jo-Jo's. I don't remember seeing them before, but I'll look extra hard now!

12/11/07 10:00 PM  
Blogger kabbage said...

Hurrah! I scored! Got me a box of Candy Cane Joe-Joe's last night. They are good and very, very filling/rich. While I think Girl Scout cookied Thin Mints still have my heart, these do have a creaminess the Thin Mints cannot match.

Register guy said they sold out last year in about a week.

14/11/07 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.