HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 15, 2007

How a well planned day can become a nightmare

Today I had three separate things to do.

Visit the Girl and attend a meeting with her therapists
Go pick up prescriptions for the Boy
Hit the grocery store for last minute items

Sounds totally doable, right? It should have been a piece of cake. It ended up as a frigging nightmare. Let me elaborate.

First I had arranged a ride with the Girl's regular therapist to get to the fancy schmancy hospital where she is in residence. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and was totally not prepared for said therapist when she picked me up at 10:30. I ran to put on some clothing, noting that I was completely out of underwear, both top and bottom. OK, so I'm going commando. That's not that big of a deal.

We get to the meeting and the Girl, well let's just say that she was not in the most pleasant of demeanor's. A raving royal bitch would be more like it. She refused to cooperate with anyone. Every suggestions was put down. Every compromise rejected. Her way or the highway was the theme of the meeting. This did not go over well with the three therapists in attendance. Me, I was just so tired and feeling so battered that I basically withdrew. I've heard it all before. She's terribly stubborn. Nothing was resolved.

After being dropped off at home, I lay down on the sofa for a quick catnap to just recharge from all the coughing and yelling and negativity.


I had a 3:20 appointment to pick up the Boy's scripts all the way across town. I made reservations for the Ride the day before, following the stupid rules that make you have to stay one hour at any destination. I asked for a ride for the 3:20 appointment, with a pickup of 4:20. The Ride came at 2:15, deposited me at the Clinic where I waiting for an hour just to pick up the scripts. That took all of 5 minutes, and then I had to wait for the pickup at 4:20.

I read a couple of magazines, took a bit of a snooze, and at 4:20 started looking for the Ride. At 5:00 I called to ask what was going on and was told that there was a lot of traffic and the guy would be there in 5 minutes. At 5:30 I called again and was told the same thing. The driver pulled in front of the driveway at 6:05. He didn't even drive down the driveway to the front door, the moron.

I was steaming. There such a thing as being late, and there's such a thing as being so badly backed up due to bad planning and programming on the part of the Ride. They just cannot seem to understand that they're dealing with sick, frail people who just shouldn't be waiting for hours. Or they don't care. Whatever.

This driver drops me off at the market, I do my shopping, check out, and start waiting for the next driver to show up at 6:40. Time marches on. 6:40 comes and goes. This guy was only about 25 minutes late. But in order to find him I had to sit outside on the benches in front of the store. In the rain. It was not the most pleasant of times but at least he got all my bags on board the van and got me home before 8 pm.

So let's recap, shall we? Two easy errands from 3:20 to say, 4:30 were the plan. In actuality I was gone from 2:15 to 7:45.

People wonder why I'm so tired all the time. This is a perfect example of why. But at least I got everything done!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.