HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'll take "Frustration" for $200, Alex

You know that feeling of running and running and getting nowhere? Welcome to my world. I feel like I should change my name to Ms Frustrated, because I spend way too much time and energy stuck in the land of frustration. A land, I might add, that I really don't want to visit.

Besides dealing with the inane regulations of The Ride on a daily basis, I'm also dealing with teenagers. Remember way back when, when your kids were little and you thought "Oh, it's going to be so great when they're older and we can be friends?" Think again, my blogging buddies. You're going to be a Frienemy but not a friend. You can't be a friend because you believe that there should be these strange things called "Rules". Obviously, you're deluded, because teenagers don't believe in things called Rules. They think that they should be able to do whatever they want, when they want, and if you don't like it, tough luck. This is the basis of living in the land of frustration. You want order in your life, your teenagers strive for the chaotic. Instant frustration for everyone!

The Girl will be coming home tomorrow morning. She has already laid down ultimatum after ultimatum about what she WILL be doing. Ahem. Life doesn't work like that, however. She doesn't want to clean her room, she doesn't want to help cooking (shocking!), she wants to drop off her crap and leave the house and go see all her friends. Unfortunately for her, I don't want her disappearing off the face of the earth for hours at a time with her 'friends', many of whom I'm not particularly enamoured of right now. Again, Instant Frustration. We appear to be at a standstill, because I'm not budging and she's bitching to beat the band.

The Boy has a full day of his program tomorrow and he is pissed. He wants to stay home to greet the Girl, who couldn't care less if he's even alive. Feelings are very high on both sides of this issue. She's not budging in inch, his feelings are hurt and all he wants to do is strike back at her. Wow, it's gonna be So Much Fun!

Meanwhile, I have yet to do a damn thing about dinner Thursday because what I do all day is negotiate, get to appointments on a time schedule that is dictated by a Godless State Agency who hate all their customers and are out to screw them, and then wait and wait and wait. I do not wait well. I want to move, not wait.

So it's high pressure and high frustration around here, which makes me just more exhausted and more desired of my nice fluffy bed. That's my safe spot.

It will all get done and it will be fine and we'll handle it on a minute-by-minute basis. But Geesh, could it just be easy just once in my life?

Meanwhile, I had a wonderful dream last night that someone left $25,000 in my PayPal account. Unfortunately, that dream did not come true. But in my dream I took $20K and bought a car for cash. I've never ever had that kind of money to just buy a car for cash, but in the dream I did this great car deal and got everything I wanted because I was paying cash.

Now, I have no clue if you get better deals if you pay in cash, but all I can say is, this was a great dream! Nothing like negotiating with car salesman in your sleep. It's all so much easier that way.

Speaking of economics, check out the daily deals on Amazon that I have in my left sidebar. If you click through there to shop at Amazon, I'll get getting a small amount of revenue for every purchase you make. That revenue will be donated to the local homeless shelter for hats and mittens for the kids. Last year we made hats, scarves, and mittens, but this year I'm having enough trouble getting out of bed and can't really be making anything other than dinner. So I'm doing my bit through donations. Be a good egg and click through when you're searching on Amazon for great Holiday deals.

What's the first commercial you see on TV that says "it's really that time of year"? For me it's the Chi chi chi Chia Pet! commercial. The Boy says that I'm wrong, and it's the Hess Truck commercial. What is it for you?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhiannon said...

You're right on the Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia commerical!

What would the fees be on that kind of cash in PayPal! I'd be afraid to find out!

21/11/07 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.