HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Observations at my local Target

Today I had errands to run, so my friend I came and picked me up and took me to various and sundry places that she had to go to. We hit CVS to drop off prescriptions for the Boy, then to Barnes and Noble for I to get some gift certificates, then to Bobs Store to get some clothing for the kids (more about that later) and finally to Target. By the time we got to Target I was too tired to shop! I know! It was an unmitigated disaster in the making, having to sit at the front of the store so close to all that Target goodness. Fortunately the two things I needed, kitty litter and some "long sleeved camis" for the Girl were both right by the cash register, so I got them and sat down to people watch. These are my observations.

  • If you're wearing jeans or cords, you also wear a short puffy jacket.
  • If you're wearing yoga pants you wear a fleece jacket, preferably a North Face Denali.
  • If you are pregnant, you shop alone.
  • Many people come as couples and split up, men with men, women with women. They don't bring kids.
  • Why would ANYONE wear 5 inch heels shopping at Target? One mom with a baby, a toddler, and three school aged kids was wearing red suede spike heels while shopping. Ouch!
  • If you're elderly, there is only one color of coat that is acceptable. That color is beige.
  • Men are less patient with toddlers than women. Quelle surprise!
  • Most people did not appear to be holiday shopping. In fact, most people seemed to be carrying out one or two small bags.
  • Teenage girls shop in packs, all like the same thing, and squeal a lot.
  • Teenage boys look like they are ready to kill their mothers and want to crawl in a hole.
  • White sneakers look horrible on most people.
  • People seem to spend a lot of money on end cap stuff.
  • Many families appear to be making a trip to Target into something FUN FUN FUN.
  • There are other people who can't walk the whole store without collapsing. I was joined briefly on my bench by two other women, both of whom looked unhealthy. Like cancer unhealthy.
  • Nobody buys baseball cards out of season.
That's about it. Nablopomo is kicking my butt today. I am just too tired to think.

Oh, and about the clothes. I got the Girl a pair of those fuzzy lined crocs. Yes I did! I love them and if they came in my size I'd have bought a pair for me, too. So there, croc haters.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger sarah cool said...

Hahaha... I always wear my fleece jacket with my yoga pants. YUM! So warm and cozy!

17/11/07 4:32 PM  
Blogger suchsimplepleasures said...

i have noticed the old people and beige coat thing but did you notice that they tend to wear black practical shoes with laces, too?
i noticed, in my area, yoga pants are usually worn with down vests with fur collars. teen-age girls and boys...same over here. and yes, benches are usually taken by older people with oxygen.
fun post...

17/11/07 5:51 PM  
Anonymous jo said...

Oh Honey I have a pair of those they are called mammoth and i LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Scr*W the crocs haters.

17/11/07 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh crap you caught me in my suede heels, they are my shopping shoes. NOT! I am more like the ladies in the yoga pants. If I am shopping I make sure I am dressed comfortably. Could care less what people think of me.

17/11/07 10:34 PM  
Blogger Ladybug's Picnic said...

Oh wow - that is hilariously. I am so guilty as charged. I was shopping at Target today and I:
- am pregnant and shopped alone
- wore yoga pants
- and a north face denali jacket

Totally agree with you about the white sneakers business.

18/11/07 6:30 PM  
Blogger Ladybug's Picnic said...

Urg. Hilarious. Without the -ly. Pregnant and apparently a poor proofreader.

18/11/07 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.