HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Phone calls that can stop your heart

Today I got one of those calls. One I didn't expect. One I didn't know how to deal with. One that took my breath away.

It was the hospital, asking me a question about the Girl. They wanted to know if the previous unclean hospital she was in for a week or so could talk to the Girl about an 'incident'. The word 'incident' only means bad things when you're dealing with teenagers and hospitals. Whatever the 'incident' is, you don't want to know. Of course you have to know, being the parent and all, but honestly, you really don't want to know.

I had to ask. They told me that there was a rumor going around the previous hospital unit that the Girl had kissed a staff member. Um...no, I don't think so. Besides the fact that she had a roomate that never left her room, there were so many staff members around there was no way she could possibly have found a spot. The entire floor was covered with mirrors that led back to the nurses station. Plus... ugh.

I gave permission, and then I went to see the Girl for a meeting with her case worker and her doctor. It was a very productive meeting, very positive. But we had to discuss the 'incident'. I told them that there was literally no way I would believe this. It just didn't make any sense. But the Girl did talk to the other unit, and told them herself that no, it didn't happen and UGH. Pretty much what I said.

After the meeting, the Girl and I had time for a visit and we were talking about the 'incident'. Turns out that another kid on the unit had started this rumor for some titillation after the Girl had left the unit. The named staff member. OMG: UGH UGH UGH. Just BLECH. Gross.

We had a good laugh about it, but honestly, my stomach is still up around my throat. I'm SO glad she's out of there. That place is a pit.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, I feel for you. Whenever something happens (or doesn't, as in her case), my blood pressure goes up and stays there. I hope the rumor-monger was dealt with. Firmly.

10/11/07 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.