HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 23, 2007

Seven Facts about Me

I've been tagged by Daisy at Compost Happens. I haven't done a Meme in the longest time. In fact, I can't remember the last time I have, so I figured I wouldn't ignore this one, as I do so many others, because it's an easy one and I'm essentially lazy. For me, easy is always best. These are the rules:

  1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
  3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
  4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven facts? I don't even know if I can think of seven facts that you don't know about me, but I'll try.

  • I don't find NaBloPoMo challenging at all. I post everyday anyhow, and to me, this is a breeze. I've posted at least once a day, if not more, for 4 years now. I either have a better talent for blathering on and on, or am so trained to write daily that it doesn't really affect me at all to do it under what other people feel is a stressful situation. Sorry!
  • I love going to auctions. I've bought most of the stuff in my house, including furniture, at auctions. I like the thrill of bidding, I love the previews where you can poke around and feel all the stuff, and I love seeing my auction buddies, people I've met over the years who attend the same auctions I do. Nothing is more entertaining than a really good auction!
  • I used to be a potter, but had to quit because I got such severe arthritis in my hands from the damp clay that I was essentially crippled. I miss it and wish I could throw pots again, but it's out of the question.
  • I was a terrible student in high school, a better student in college, and an excellent student in graduate school. I think I was the classic late bloomer, because I just didn't get the whole student thing until I was much older. This makes me much less worried about the Boy than other parents might be, because I have high hopes that he'll eventually straighten out and be the good student I know he can be.
  • I am terribly disorganized and spend much of my time intimidated by all the forms I never fill out and letters I don't answer. I mix up appointments, forget anything that isn't written down, and often screw up with things that have deadlines. I believe this is a reaction to having strict deadlines for all of my working career, deadlines that I never once missed. When I stopped working, I just mentally blew off deadlines, leaving me a disorganized mess.
  • I wear three different kinds of glasses. One for seeing everything, one for seeing the computer, and one for reading. I used to have bifocals but they drove me nuts. I can't wear contacts because I have an enzyme missing in my tears, and so I have chronic dry eyes. Contacts actually rip inside my eyes. It isn't good.
  • I am probably the only writer in the history of the world that doesn't want to write a novel. I tried once. It was horrible. I'm not a fiction writer. My imagination isn't that good. I like reportage. I like facts. I can't ever see me writing a memoir. I have no inner poetry. That's why I was an excellent technical writer. Procedures... I can rattle them off in a heartbeat. But writing from my heart is hard.
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular. But if you are NaBloPoMo challenged and need something to write, help yourself. So consider yourself tagged!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Thanks for the post! I keep thinking I'm going to write a novel, but instead I write professional articles and poetry. And, of course, the blog. What a combination!

24/11/07 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.