HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2007

Sunday, Sleepy Sunday

Grocery store, chores, cooked turkey dinner for family, fell asleep on sofa, worked with Neener, looked up some blog and web site designs, laughed, listen to kids fight and fight some more. Oh my goodness, what a boring day.

My house is either freezing cold or boiling hot, depending upon what room you're in and what time of day it is. We have two heating zones. They make NO sense whatsover. None. One zone does the living room, my bedroom, the downstairs bathroom, and the Girl's bedroom. The other zone does the dining room, kitchen, upstairs bathroom, Boy's bedroom, and front hall. Does this make ANY sense at all? Nope, it doesn't. But then again, the shower faucets are backwards, there isn't any working hot water in the downstairs bathroom, and all sorts of other plumbing anomalies that come from someone doing it themselves, unfortunately.

I didn't sleep one wink last night as I'm trying to get onto some sort of schedule. I am due to go to the sleep clinic on Tuesday night. I'm getting tested for sleep apnea. Joy oh joy.

I'm reading the strangest book, Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policeman's Union. I like the book, but I think it's for a very specialized audience. One that understands Yiddish and black hat Judaism. The premise is that the Jews that survived WW2 were imported to southern Alaska where they were settled for 40-odd years outside Sitka. They created an entire Yiddish-speaking society that is now about to end, as the land they were settled upon is reverting back to America. It's so odd.

We had our Thanksgiving Part Deaux dinner tonight. Herbed Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts. YUM. I didn't get around to more pies. But I've got the fixin's for pumpkin, apple, blueberry, and pecan. I do love a nice homemade pie!

NaBloPoMo is almost over. Will you be posting every day come December? I know I will, but I do so anyhow. I just don't worry if I might miss a day because Verizon Fios is being a buttface.

And now, perchance to dream. I'm off to snorgle with the Worthless Pet as soon as I get a certain young man to get the hell out of the kitchen and off to bed. Yawn.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger leosatter said...

I have been there!

I am still recooperating from my Thanksgiving feast!

Just out of curiosity….Do you know where I can purchase good quality foods online? I am now trying to order from online stores only because of various reasons…….can you help me with any suggestions??????

These are the places I have tried:
delivery.com
celebrityfoods (best out of the 4)
dinewise.com
seamlessweb.com

27/11/07 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.