HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

There's a homecoming in our future

Can you see what that is in the picture? Let me give you a big hint. We eat it on Thursday. And it wanders wild all over the neighborhood. Guessed? Yup, it's Tom Turkey! Coming to visit us.

Tomorrow the Girl is supposed to be coming home. Supposed to be? Well, yes. The hospital, being all touchy-feeling and all, forgot that I don't have transportation and didn't notify me that she can come home until well after 5:30. Which is 1.5 hours after the Ride closes it's reservations for tomorrow. Nice! Excellent planning, huh? So I've got to wait till the crack of dawn tomorrow to hopefully get on the list for a same day ride. Most days, it's impossible. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow. If not, she comes home Wed. morning.

Much has happened in the past week or so, all of which I can't really share, but it has been a rollercoaster of craziness for the Girl and coming home seemed to be the right thing to do. Of course the Boy is now over-reacting, because that's his specialty, but ultimately he'll be fine with it. He misses her, as do I. But the house has NEVER been cleaner since she's been away. To say that she is the ultimate slob would be unkind, but sadly true. That child has no clue of what "put it away" means. Away simply means some place else, equally inappropriate.

Because the Boy has had the house to himself (meaning I don't count) for the past few weeks, an electronic jungle has rooted in the hallway upstairs, essentially blocking both the linen closet and the doorway to the Girl's room. I've got him dismantling it right now, so she will be able to get in to her room. What he plans to do with the computer he's building is beyond me, because there is no room for it in his room, which is jam packed with dirty clothes, guitars, and other electronics, but he'll figure something out.

Meanwhile, I seem to have finally gotten the better of the coughing crud after two full days in bed. I feel alive and can actually breathe. It's amazing how much better one feels with some actual oxygen in their bloodstreams. My friend from Nashville called this weekend to chat and she's also got the same coughing crud, so we coughed at each other. It sounded like two barking dogs chatting. It was pathetic.

Now I've got to go start cooking, which I have totally and completely neglected due to serious and miserable lack of interest and energy. I'll get it together. It will be fine. The Girl will be home for a couple of days to 'help', which she NEVER does. She's not good kitchen material. I get my kitchen help from the Boy, who actually enjoys cooking and will do a decent job of it with only minimal complaining. He gets the whole cause an effect thing. Since eating is his hobby, he's willing to help cook.

Kudos to both Curt Shilling and Mikey Lowell for resigning with the Red Sox, giving all of Red Sox Nation something to be uber-thankful for this Thanksgiving. MVP Mike Lowell is a testicular cancer survivor, an amazingly nice and articulate player, and a neighbor. We're lucky to have quite a few Red Sox players live in our little city, and we certainly didn't want to lose Mike. Especially to the devils in pinstripes. But they have (smirk) A-Rod for only $257 MILLION DOLLARS (say it like Mr Evil) over 10 years. What the heck can one do with that much money? I mean, once you buy a few houses and a lot of cars, just what else can you buy with that kinda cash? I certainly hope he's philanthropic, but I don't ever remember reading that he is. Anyone know?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

Don't get me started on the egotistical blow hard amoral Payrod..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I like Curt, he's cool for an old guy. ;)

You actually kill a turkey to eat? Don't all turkeys come frozen from the grocery store?(sweet innocent surburban girl look on my face. Love ya, really).

20/11/07 1:39 AM  
Blogger aka_Monty said...

I wish I lived by you, because I would totally provide chauffeur services in exchange for your boy's cleaning services. :) My daughter also has the "I can't pick up after myself and so there's empty cups and water bottles and crap all over my desk and every other available surface" disease.

Good luck with The Ride!!

20/11/07 6:33 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

A-Rod does have a foundation and does give money away mostly to the Miami area as well as the Dominican Republic. So I guess even though I really don't like him he's not a complete A-Hole.

I was absolutely ecstatic that Lowell resigned with us again.

20/11/07 9:32 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I know what you mean about signing the hometown boys. I mean, really, I'm a Green Bay Packer fan. :)

20/11/07 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.