HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Vocabulary game does good works

Have you discovered Free Rice yet? It's so addictive. You start playing and all of a sudden an hour has passed by and you MUST get to level 47 no matter how many hundreds of grains of rice you've already won. Or maybe you're not so competitive. Ahem.

I really like this game. While you're learning and relearning new words, you're also helping the UN to donate food to third world countries, grain by grain of rice. How bad can that be? Even for you folks that don't believe in helping others, this game helps you to boost your vocabulary and you barely even know that you're doing good, you misanthropes! See, big word there.

I am going to have the Boy play it in preparation for the SATs or ACTs. I know vocabulary is a thing of the past, but with his latin background he should do really well and boost his vocabulary, which is never a bad thing.

So you gotta play it and tell me how well you did. The highest level I got to was that difficult to maintain 47, although there are 50 levels. The FAQ says that few people go beyond level 48, which I see as a personal challenge. I'm so ridiculous about this kind of stuff. I'm a total and complete word nerd. Betcha can't beat me!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I've never heard of this game but I'm going to play right now! I'm super competitive, so I might be there a while.

11/11/07 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened onto your blog a few months ago.you are a treat to read.
thank you for the freerice link however I was on it for around 2 hours (off and on)!!! I dont always agree with what you write but I must say I find you very enjoyable.thanks for bloging and sharing your life with us out in cyberville.

13/11/07 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.