HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Guess what I forgot?

Updated: Boomama is hosting her "Christmas Tour of Homes" and I figured since I just posted this, I'd add it to the tour. Nothing like an alternate viewpoint to add a bit of sparkle to her Mr Linky! So welcome, new visitors. For those that haven't yet taken the "tour" there are more than 200 homes to peek into and see how they're decorated for the holidays. Check it out. Some of them are amazing. I think some folks spend more on Christmas decor than I do on a year of clothing for our entire family! There are some really pretty displays. Plus, you get a peek into how the other bloggers live. Can't go wrong with that!


I completely blanked out on Hanukkah photos. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it was such a stressful week with the plumbing issues (and guess who was plunging again this morning?). Or because the Boy is acting like such a PITA that I just didn't get into the 'holiday spirit' until the holiday was over. And then there's the whole new camera learning curve, especially with the software which is WAY too complicated. But whatever, here are the photos from the last day.

Before we lit the candles. Note that there is still gelt left. Now? No such luck. Isn't the tin foil so pretty on my sideboard? Believe me, it saves furniture regardless of how ugly it is.

Let me tell you about all the different hanukiyot. Starting at the right, because we're Jewish and we do things backwards, we have a ceramic one I made at one of those paint your own pottery places when the kids were little. In the back row, the next one is the Boy's hanukiyah, and in front of it, the little one is the Girls. In the middle back row is the one I bought in Toledo, Spain. In front of that, the long one was mine from my childhood. Moving along, the silver one is our travel hanukiyot, and on the very right is the ceramic one the Girl made when I was making mine. I think she was about 8 when she made it, as we still lived in California.


After we lit the candles. Quite the conflagration, eh? Did you notice our large collection of dreidls? We have all kinds, but my favorite are the big wooden ones. Those have a great spin on them.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Very pretty, and wow that's a lot of Hannukiot! We do three each year - one for each kid and one for us. I couldn't bear the idea of the tinfoil on my kitchen island this year though, so I used plastic placemats. Looked better and when soaked in hot water the wax floates right off. Probably not a safe as tinfoil, but we never left them burning unattended.

16/12/07 2:54 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Gorgeous. The more the better.

16/12/07 2:35 PM  
Blogger moon said...

Oh very pretty, specially all lit up! I didn't know they were called Hannukiot. I am not jewish, but I am always fascinated but the traditions of others. Makes our world so interesting.

16/12/07 7:35 PM  
Blogger Ornery's Wife said...

Lovely decor. I have never seen these lit before. Thanks for joining the tour!
TM

17/12/07 5:43 PM  
Blogger Crooked Eyebrow said...

That is a beautiful display.
Thanks for the tour!

17/12/07 6:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Love the way it looks all lit up! Thanks for joining the tour! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday season and Happy New Year!

18/12/07 12:57 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Beautiful, especially when lit! I love the dreidls too.

18/12/07 8:27 AM  
Blogger KC said...

very pretty.. I really like them when they are lit. I hope you had a happy holiday. Thank you for the tour.

18/12/07 3:02 PM  
OpenID vicaragekate said...

beautiful - thank you for sharing. And a - belated- happy hanukkah to you all!

18/12/07 4:05 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

So beautiful all lighted! Thanks for the tour!

19/12/07 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.