HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 31, 2007

No resolutions, only hopes

Happy New Year

I don't do resolutions for New Years. I would never follow through, making me feel bad about myself, so what's the point of resolutions for someone like me? Exactly!

But I do have hopes for the new year. Some are simple, some are profound, and some are actually plausible.

The war will end, the troops will come home safe and healthy, and peace will come to Iraq.

Democrats will take the White House, remain in control in Congress, and several of the more conservative Supreme Court Judges will either croak or resign for reasons of health or family commitments, leaving places for more liberal judges to rule the laws of the land.

Universal health care will come to the United States at last.

The Federal Poverty Rate will be a congressional concern and they will vote to overhaul the system, allowing for cost of living increases and cost of living credits for geographical areas.

People will become more green and will stop trying to refute global warming.

Health care research will be restructured so that mega corporations don't control all of the research studies.

The government will overturn NCLB and actually work towards education all children appropriately, including both GATE and SpED kids, by restructuring mainstreaming.

Government subsidies for corporate agriculture will cease, allowing more foodstuffs to be grown and donated to food banks, thus allowing the poor to eat healthier and combat childhood obesity.

My children will stop bickering and learn to get along.

I'll continue losing weight without very much effort on my part.

My cardiac rehab program will prove valuable and will help with my stress level.

To be a better and more pleasant mother.

To be less fiscally insecure and to begin to save some money for the future and emergencies.

To continue freelancing but more more money at it, and perhaps finding more interesting jobs.

To FINALLY get into subsidized housing with will enable me to afford an automobile.

To live a greener life this year, especially with regard to our issues with garbage and recycling (don't ask... it's a rant and a half.)

More volunteer work for the whole family.

A new computer will magically enter my life.

Finish all my knitting projects.

Less town bickering, please!

So what about you? What are your hopes for the new year?

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

"My children will stop bickering and learn to get along."

[rotflmao] yeah right!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, margalit and all the family...

and kids? Stop bickering!

cq

31/12/07 5:59 PM  
Blogger moon said...

I had to laugh at that one too lol, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!...
As for most, I have to say I agree totally, Although I am canadian, I still follow american politics...Also, I am fortunate..we have universal healthcare..it may not be perfect..many find fault but no one here is ever in danger of going into dept because someone got sick...or die because of it etc..anyway...I wish for all your hopes in the new year to come true, HAPPY NEW YEAR! (BONNE ANÉE!!)

31/12/07 7:30 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I don't make resolutions either, so can I just appropriate most of your list?

1/1/08 1:27 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

"The government will overturn NCLB and actually work towards education all children appropriately, including both GATE and SpED kids, by restructuring mainstreaming."
Appropriate budgets will help a lot, too. More time for teaching, less time for bubble testing, and I could go on...but I have lesson plans to write. School starts tomorrow.

1/1/08 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.