HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Now it all makes sense

Happy Chanukkah, everyone!

To say I've been a bit crabby the past day or two would be putting it mildly. I've been on a total tear. OK, there's been a lot of stress in the house, but when isn't there stress in my house? Things are not THAT much worse than normal, so what the heck was bothering me so much.

Um, perhaps the fact that I'm a total moron might help solve the puzzle. A complete and total moron, evidentally. For last night, in the middle of the night, when I went upstairs to go to bed, I went to take my pills that I take every freaking night, and guess what? I had carefully pulled them out the night before, placed them in the little cup I use to keep them all together do I can down all bazillion of them in one fell swoop, and then forgotten to take them. Really! I mean, how stupid is that? So no wonder I had a massive headache (all the sinus and allergy meds), felt tired and listless (heart meds), and was in a totally rotten mood (my effexor). That certainly does put a fresh spin on my 'tude, doesn't it?

In other news, I sent both kids out to separate stores to get Hanukkah supplies. The is the 5th day I've asked the Girl to go pick up her prescriptions and get some of those boxes to pack up their presents so I could wrap them. I explained about 15 times what I wanted. I even demonstrated what I wanted. She got one folding mailing box. Well, guess she didn't want her presents, huh. I mean, really. How hard is it to get clothing boxes at CVS?

I sent the Boy out to our local convenience store to get a few items. Sour cream. Milk. Seltzer. Chocolate. Not too difficult, eh? I even wrote it down for him and made him take the list, much to his chagrin. He comes back with sour cream, milk, and root beer. No chocolate. No seltzer.

And people wonder why I'm constantly annoyed. How hard is it to follow simple directions? Evidentally too damn hard.

Also, I had my hair cut. It is now above shoulder length, and with a long bang at the side. I like it. It will look great when and if I blow it dry and use the flat iron on it. I'm so glad I did it. It looks thicker and healthier and has some shape to it. I'd like to thank Whoorl for encouraging nice hairdos. I need all the encouragement I can get.

Lastly, I haven't talked about weight loss in a while, mostly because I was plateaued for months at the same basic weight, which was depressing and frustrating. But then my friend Iris told me about a study she had read that said that weight loss is tied to insomnia and lack of sleep, and that the more you sleep regularly, the easier it is to lose weight. Since I'm an insomniac, I decided to do something about my sleep habits and have been trying to sleep at least 6 to 7 hours per night by cutting down on daytime napping. The bizarre thing is, it's working. I've starting losing again and now am within 3 lbs of my not only prepregnancy weight, but my prepregnancy weight after I LOST 35 lbs in order to get pregnant. Isn't that amazing?

I feel like there's hope that I can keep losing weight in my own style without having to resort to surgery, which would be dangerous for me at the very least. I don't need to be model thin. I don't even want to be model thin. I want to be healthier. With that in mind, I'm joining a cardiac rehabilitation group, which does exercise a few hours/week. I'm nervous about this, but I'm going to do it. Maybe it will help with the weight loss, but more importantly it will help my heart recover a bit. That's what I am happiest about.

But before I go on and on about weight loss, I'm off to make latkes. Heh.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

I lurve me some potato latkes!!!! YUMMY. Happy Hannukah!!!!

4/12/07 11:25 PM  
Blogger Shash said...

Happy Hanukkah!!! I'm making latkes tonight and I can;t wait!!!

Shash

5/12/07 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.