HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 10, 2007

This is what I get from eating latkes

Still no working toilets. It's been more than 36 hours. The "Drain Doctor" was here bright and early to ream the pipes, which has helped all the sinks drain more quickly. However, the thrones still will not flush. I'm waiting for the plumber to arrive. He's going to have to face some really nasty plumbing at this point. I mean, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Um, yeah.

Of course this means that I haven't taken lasix in two days, which means my heart is getting seriously overloaded, which means my breathing is very labored, which means I'm not feeling all that great.

PLUMBER JUST ARRIVED!!!

His truck just came up the driveway. I'm about to leave for my very first appointment at cardiac rehab. I can now say with all honesty that I'm going to rehab, like all the nasty celebs do. I feel so... oh... hip? OK, it's not the same kind of rehab. So sue me. I can say it. Of course when someone asks me what kind of substance I abuse, I'll have to say water, but hey, who's really checking?

I just heard the first flush. It's such a glorious sound. You don't appreciate it unless it isn't there anymore. He's still snaking in there, so I'm assuming there's still miles of clogged lines to go. I swear it, old plumbing sucks the big one. Freaking tree roots get into it and you have nothing but trouble. Who thought clay would be a good substance to make waste pipes out of? Give me good old PVC anyday.

Because of this little chink in our plans, the kids have been particularly crabby. The Boy fell asleep at around 5 pm last night and slept through to this morning. I guess he was tired after hours of playing video games with his friend that slept over Sat night. I think they may have 'forgotten' to go to sleep, although they were both down for the count when I woke up Sunday morning. The Girl isn't feeling well. She's been complaining non-stop for 2 days about headaches, nausea, ear aches, etc. but will she take a freaking tylenol? Why no, she will not. She doesn't like pills. It's better to drive your mother bonkers with constant complaining. Because that certainly helps matters. I let her stay home today, feeling sorry for her because she was up so late last night doing homework in between complaints. I'm such a chump. She's now fast asleep in my bed, the bed that seems to always be 'the sick bed' although nobody has assigned it as that. Eventually she'll wake up and work on the paper she didn't quite finish last night due to terrible complaining bouts. You know, complaining takes a lot out of a kid, especially when it's the ONLY thing they'll consider doing for their aches and pains.

Still no flushing from upstairs. Hmmm. This one might be serious. The plumber says that there is a leak in the shutoff. Whatever that means. Have you ever googled 'blocked toilet'? When I did it yesterday it says everything I already knew, which was to plunge plunge plunge, turn off the water valve, try to flush with a bucket of water you pour into the bowl, and if it won't go down, call a plumber. On every freaking site.... plumbers must be raking in the dough! I believe I have personally paid for a 30' yacht for this guy. Heh.

This has to be the most boring post ever. I'm sorry, my life is currently consumed with bodily functions and the lack of a repository for them. You know, like what Joni Mitchell said, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone."

And now, THE PLUMBER HAS LEFT. We have working toilets. Praise the lord and pass the toilet paper.

Says the Girl, "I can PEE."

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Life As I Know It said...

Ugh, no working toilets? Not fun. Glad the toilets are flushing again.
Oh, and my bed always seems to be the 'sick' bed too. That's where the kids go to sleep when they aren't feeling well. Come to think of it, I used lay in my parents bed on sick days too...must be a comfort thing.

11/12/07 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.