HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 03, 2007

Ungrateful bitch reporting for duty!

Update from the front:

This morning the Boy had a major temper tantrum because his program did not have a two hour snow delay but his sister's school did. This was, of course, MY fault, and I'm a bitch and an asshole and I hate him. He stomped down the stairs, and put his elbow through the window at the bottom of the stairs. He only went through one pane, but that pane has to be replaced because...Snow. Winter. Cold. This little tantrum set mommy back $145.00. Happy Hanukkah! We'll be eating a lot of rice this month.

Due to this tantrum, and the fact that my home health aide is really sick and didn't come Friday and didn't come again today meaning that my house is a total sty, I spent the day in a foul humor. I mean, who needs this tsuris before 9 am? Not me. I did make him clean up the glass, but he wasn't sorry or contrite at all, because it's all MY fault. Please remember that.

I spent the entire morning on the phone with various representatives of various agencies. I corrected the error made by JCFS regarding the gift certificates. I KNEW something was wrong, and I was correct. They did make an error and I feel much better knowing that they're going to correct this error. However, I did get the "we help younger kids first" speech. I get that. I mean, look at Toys for Tots. They don't do a darn thing for kids over 12, but 12 year old kids still want presents. And that's just an example. Oh well, live and learn. Next year, I'm not going to expect anything so I can't be disappointed. That seems to be a better way to face the holidays.

I also tried to deal with various disability related issues, and was of course stalled at all turns. I really hate agencies. I know, I know, Ungrateful Bitch. But please, before you call me that, try to imagine spending up to half of every single day calling and dealing with bureaucrats who honestly are sick to death of every single person that calls them. I mean, if I were paid less than $30K and spent my entire day dealing with people begging for help, I'd lose my mind too. Most of the young social workers are really nice people who are stymied at every turn by budget cuts (thank you Mitt Romney). They start out as enthusiastic young women (we've never had a male, so they're all women as far as I'm concerned) who really believe that they can help change lives. After a few years they realize that most of their jobs are stalling for time so they don't have to tell clients they can't really help them. It sucks. They don't want to do the dance, I don't want to do the dance, and yet it's what we both have to do in order to get anything done.

Had a meeting with our new family therapy person and totally unloaded on her. My frustration level must have been really high because she just sat there looking stunned. I admit it, the window thing threw me for a total loop. I just didn't expect to be dealing with this kind of problem today. She just wanted to do the intake and I was foaming at the mouth. It will be better next week.

I posted a review of the new by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz of MotherTalk. Hard to believe, I know, but my review is slightly controversial. Ahem.

Things will be better tomorrow.

Oh, and in humorous things, I got a call tonight from one of those time share companies trying to sell me a time share. The free trip was either a 4 day 'vacation' in New England or a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. I laughed myself silly.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

Holy Cow Batman! Damn. Wanton destruction pisses me off too. I don't know if I could have kept my temper. Manic people are so difficult to love, even if you gave birth to them and they wear ya down. I wish I had a magic answer.

Thanks for the link. Interesting perspective though I know an addiction can really destroy a sexual relationship because no one looks like these woman, IMO.

4/12/07 12:31 AM  
Blogger Menchuvian Candidate said...

I hear you on the agencies thang-if given the time, I could fantasize about what life must be like for those who never have to deal with "helping" bureaucracies. Man, what luxury it must be to only see a doctor for check ups! And rather than seeming a bitch, you sound a whole lot more patient than me. I've burned out on dealing with "enthusiastic" young women; it takes too damned long to bring them up to speed.

Yes, Virginia, life really can be *that* complicated!

4/12/07 10:31 AM  
Blogger MizMouthy said...

Just wanted to wish you and the kiddos a Happy Hannukah.

I hope the holiday is a peaceful one for you.

4/12/07 3:24 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'm glad you still had enough strength to laugh at the telemarketing. I know, it's just near-hysteria, but laughter is still good.

4/12/07 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.