HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 18, 2008

Another good reason why parenting teens sucks

Look at the time of this post. It's 12:29 am on a school night. That would be twelve frigging thirty in the morning. Guess who just sauntered in from school? At 12:30 am. In the snow. Why, it would be the Girl. Guess who followed on her footsteps? Why that would be the police, who I just called because the story she told me, and the actuality of her night were two very different things.

The story: Her friend D had tickets to the Bruins game. He asked her weeks ago if she could go. She had gone before and came home before 11, so I said she could go, especially since she was SO pissed off earlier after the IEP meeting. I try to be reasonable once in a while. She was going with D and N, they were taking the T to the garden, they would be home by 11.

The reality: She didn't go with D or N. D was home sick from school. N was just a cover. She went with the dreaded JF and R. I don't like JF, who appears to have no parents. When she was over and hour late, I started calling. First I called D's house phone, got his mom, who woke him up to see if he knew where she was. He suggested that she might be with W, the boyfriend from hell. So I called W, got his father who was clueless as to who the Girl was, etc, because he is NEVER home and works 24/7 and has no relationship with any of his kids, all of whom are hurting buckaroos. I talk to W who mentions that he thinks she's with JF. I then call JF's cell, which is conveniently 'not working', so I then call his landline. Shockingly, no answer. There is NEVER an answer because I do not think he has parents.

At this point I'm panicked. I don't know where she is, I don't know who she's with, and I've taken away her cell phone because she was with kids who had a cell phone, so I could get in touch with her. But of course that all turned out to be a big lie. So I moved on to the police, asking if they could go to JFs house and see if he's there. Just as the police arrive, she comes waltzing up and has no idea of why I am spitting mad. I mean, "What the F?" I ask her who she was with and she LIED to me. Grounded for a month. Bam! Then I tell her that I know she wasn't with who she said she was with, and she starts to insist but she looks at me and backs down. She admits she lied. Grounded for a month! But she's still yelling at me, like it's MY fault that she's home so late.

She tries to give me this big story about how they went the wrong way on the T, blah blah blah. So didn't fall for it. Grounded for a month! I'm sorry, I'm not a moron and I wasn't born yesterday. The T is pretty well marked and there is no way she is going to end up in Cambridge, where she claimed she went. Yeah, and I've got a bridge I want to buy in Brooklyn.

I send her up to bed and she proceeds to tell me she's not getting up in the morning to go to school. Um, excuse me? If I'm not mistaken, I'm still the decision maker in the family. So freaking grounded. She's getting up and walking in the snow and I don't care if she's miserable. She deserves a little misery after this escapade.

Are you looking forward to the teenage years yet? They're SO much fun!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I have no idea how you do it!!

18/1/08 8:58 AM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

oh honey, hugs. You need some respite care and I don't mean the hospital.

things are relatively good here.

18/1/08 1:49 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Hugs and good wishes to you. This can't be good for your own health, either.

18/1/08 4:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Please someone tell me why, when they have done something wrong they try to twist and shout that it's all your fault? My daughters say I'm the queen of guilt trips, really, stop doing things wrong and you won't feel guilty when I call you out on it...uugh!

25/4/11 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.