HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dude, where did the day go?

I should have listened to Jack Nicholson. Remember, he told us all that Ambien was some crazy shit. He warned us. He sure did.

Evidentally Heath and I didn't really take Jack's medical expertise at face value. Heath... well we know what happened to him, and Ambien was one of the medications found in his bedroom. We also know that Heath was a horrible insomniac. Yeah, me too. And when I'm sick and coughing, it's even worse. I can't lay down, I can't get comfortable, everything hurts. I shift from one side of the bed to the other. I get so frustrated. It's beyond annoying. Maybe Heath felt the same way. Reports said he had pneumonia. He could have been up coughing his brains out, too.

Around 5 this morning I gave up and took a half of an Ambien. Took about 20 minutes and knocked me out cold. All freaking day. Now I'm in a bit of a fog, trying to follow the fast conversations going on around me between a bevy of teenagers I've just fed a vat of chicken soup. I like when my kids have friends over so they leave me alone. Which they did. I slept.

Now tonight I'll have to do it again. Which is why I hate taking meds for sleep. One night is never enough.

Unfortunately, there is a downside to sleeping all day. The Boy didn't take his meds. He "forgot", and because I was dead to the world, I couldn't supervise him. He's a bit annoying right now.

The Girl and her friend made cookies. She's still not eating more than a spoonful or two of stuff. My guess is that she'll be all better by tomorrow. I hope so, because she's a shadow of her former self right now. I hate it when she's sick. But I even hate it worse when the Boy is sick because he becomes a demanding, whiny, complaining bundle of needs. He is a guy, after all.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous bethany actually said...

Gracious. I only slept in till 11 this morning (Troy and Annalie were off running errands), and I felt like my day was gone. I hope you get more sleep tonight and that everyone in your house is feeling better soon!

26/1/08 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.