HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 07, 2008

Ewwww, just EWWWWWW!

Last night was a bad night, restless sleep, coughing and trying to breathe. When I finally fell asleep sometime between 3 and 4 am, it was only to awaken at 6. I tried not to move because my head, oh my frigging head ached like it was about to blow off my shoulders.

In a couple more hours, it was apparent that I have a sinus infection of grand proportions. You know, the kind where every time you cough you have to hold the top of your head because it feels like your skull is cracking. The kind where moving your head, even from side to side, is an Olympic feat. The kind where you can't even feel your nose it's so clogged up. Joy oh joy!

But that's not the ewwww factor. Oh no! That's only the beginning. I sipped some water and noted that my tongue felt different. Swollen. Raw. Like somebody had sandpapered it during the night. By the time I got out of bed, a while later, my tongue was hurting a lot and my throat was as well. This didn't bode well.

I brushed my teeth, and as usual, ended my ablutions with a little brush of the tongue. Oh my GOD, I almost jumped out of my skin with OUCH. I didn't have my glasses on, so I couldn't really see in the mirror because I am blind as a bat without optical reinforcement. Next best thing was to go into the Girl's room and check out her mirror, which you can put your face right up to.

You can only imagine what horror I saw on my tongue. White spots. Yes indeedy, white frigging spots. For the uninitiated, this usually means thrush. Freaking oral candida albicans. Which means that the antibiotics are going exacerbate the thrush. God damn, my life is EXCELLENT.

However, on the bright side, candy canes are marked down to $.09 a box and Hershey's kisses were marked down 90% off as well. I see peppermint chocolate bark in my future.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

OMG, you just can't win. I hope you'll feel better soon on one side or the other. Ask for an antibacterial mouthwash for the thrush; sometimes they can ease the pain, if nothing else.

7/1/08 5:24 PM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

Man, when it rains, it pours. I hope all your ailments are gone soon!

7/1/08 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.