HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I wanna rock n roll all night

I had an amazing childhood when it came to music. I grew up in the 60's in California. I know, it sucks for all you thirty somethings, but man, it was so excellent for me. I got to go to concerts all the time. I saw the Beatles at Hollywood Bowl, the Jefferson Airplane at a private concert, I went to the TAMI show where James Brown performed, I saw some real winners like the Association and Laura Nyro. Actually, I love Laura Nyro now. I even got to see Leslie Gore in the round singing "It's my party..." When my kids look at some of my concert stubs they can't believe some of the people I've seen live.

My parents never really got my affection for rock music. My mother was a big Frank Sinatra fan, and my dad was huge on the big band sound. That was also fortunate, because he took us to see Ella Fitzgerald and Count Basie and Duke Ellington. We evensaw (oh my God, I can't believe I'm gonna admit this) Tom Jones in Vegas. I know, how mortifying!

When I was a kid, you could only purchase LPs. They weren't even in stereo when I started buying records. I had a tendency to, um, remove myself from me educational opportunities whenever a new album that I had to have came out. I would go into Hollywood because the record stores always had the LPs at noon, whereas in the burbs you had to wait a whole day! I know, the insanity, the brutality of the burbs! I remember bolting to Hollywood Blvd to get Axis Bold as Love. My love for Jimi Hendrex continues to this day.

My parents, who were fairly dimwitted about everything their children were doing (blind would be a better description, actually) never had a clue. But they had their own interests. They collected art of various sorts. One of the paintings they had hanging on our back landing was actually done by the same artist that did the LOVE album. That totally impressed me.

Anyhow, Mrs Chicky has presented a great little meme where you get to design your own album cover using set parameters, and I've just done mine:



You want to play, don't ya? This is how I did it.

1. The first title on this page is the name of your band.

2. The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album. Click the "New Random Quotations" button for more.

3. The third picture on this page will be your album cover. You then take the photo and add your band name and the album title to it, then post your picture. Please don't forget to give credit.

** This is rock and roll. Rules are made to be broken! (According to Mrs. Chicky, anyhow.)

I don't do well in tagging people, because when I'm tagged and can't get it together to do a meme I feel severe Jewish guilt. So, if you want to do it, just go right ahead. It's a lot of fun.

But remember to tell me where to find your album cover so I can check it out. OK?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Are you fricken kidding me? i LOVE Tom Jones. Seriously. I used to be a closet an, but the older I get the more I realise I really don't care what anyone thinks of my musical taste.

25/1/08 7:35 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chicky said...

I'm dying from jealousy because you've seen so many fantastic bands in person. Love your album cover!

25/1/08 1:39 PM  
Blogger nathan said...

Okay, awesome! I totally did this meme a couple weeks ago and it was a BLAST!

My album is here, and I'm quite thrilled with it.

25/1/08 1:53 PM  
Blogger Limmud Southeast said...

Love that you love Laura Nyro. I'm still listening to her after all these years. Can you explain the first step of this meme? Album title part. Don't get it.

26/1/08 8:34 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Neener, Just click on the link, and take the Wikopedia entry name as the name of the album.

26/1/08 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Rachelskirts said...

I'm not usually one for memes, but this one looked fun. :) I hid it over on my Tumblr account. (http://rachelskirts.tumblr.com/post/24967036)

29/1/08 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.