HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Just when does the coughing stop?

I know every blogger is sick, has been sick, or is getting sick. I'm certainly not alone in my misery as I throw myself a big fat pity party. I want to know how long this hacking cough, phlegm factory sniffles, headache, and general malaise lasts? I have coughed for almost two weeks with no sign of improvement. It's a horrid hacking cough that makes my ribs aches and takes away the last vestiges of energy I have left. I move from sofa to chair to computer to bed. I can't get anything done.

True confession: My refrigerator reeks. Something died in there and I know it's up to me to clean out the damn thing, but I just can't make myself do it. I told the kids we have to do it tonight before I hit the grocery store tomorrow, but truth be told I'd rather just order a new fridge from Home Depot than clean this one. Not that I have that option, but if I did, I swear I'd just put this one on the curb and have it hauled away. That's how bad it reeks.

Even worse confession: The freezer reeks too. It's bad. BAD, I tell you. I'm particularly sensitive to bad smells, but this is beyond gross. I don't get it, because the freezer is working just fine, everything is frozen, but it still smells just like the fridge. Gross.

And even worse: The cat peed outside his litter box this morning and the Girl just let it sit there for hours. Yes, she eventually cleaned it up, but not until the lingering odor wafted upstairs and knocked me down on my ass. Thank God for Natures Miracle. Freaking Worthless Pet!

Oh, and just in case you think life isn't gross enough in my house, we have freaking fruit flies from the clementines I bought from Whole Paycheck. I buy them by the case because we eat them up so fast, but this batch came complete with teeny little friends. I've got an old red wine bottle out on the island, but what we really need is a fly strip. Try finding one of those in Boston in January. Not gonna happen.

Every deep breath aches, I haven't cooked a meal in days, and I haven't been outside in forever. I run a fever, then it goes away. Just what the hell IS this awesome disease anyhow?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so cruddy. I bought clementine from somewhere else and have fruit flies too. Not swarms but find one or two, kill 'em and then see one or two more the next day. Even find them in cellar near washer.Weird.
Maybe in next day or two if it truly warms up like they say you can open windows a crack to get new,non-germified air in your house. Can't hurt.

6/1/08 5:32 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Fruit fly stoppage.
Tempting liquid in a bowl with a small amount of dish soap floating on top=stuck fruit flies and then = dead fruit flies.
I am sorry to here you are still sick...this feels like it will be one l-o-n-g winter.

6/1/08 7:37 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I just started my 3rd month of the cough. It gets better intermittently.

6/1/08 7:42 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I blame the weather. It makes a good scapegoat for any health, good or bad. I hope your "weather" improves soon.

6/1/08 10:01 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm on week 3 of the cough, but it's now drifted down and been officially classified as bronchitis. I'm on a whole host of asthma meds, none of which are really making me feel any better. I'm walking around with a permanent incapacitating headache from the violence of the coughing. Oh yeah, it's about as fun as it sounds. The damn virus wasn't bad enough to justify this. This sucks.

Hope yours goes away quicker and easier.

7/1/08 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.