HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 03, 2008

New England States are REALLY Small

One of the dubious joys of living in a region of the country where the states are tiny is that you get TV directed at different states. Like New Hampster. We get New Hampster political advertisements all freaking day now. All the advertisements that we're going to get again in a few weeks since that's when the MA primary is held. It's double torture.

Of course, I've watched every single ad for each candidate, Republican or Democrat. For the most part, so far we've seen a clean campaign and the ads are a lot of nothing. However, surprise surprise, there is one candidate that is running dirty ads. Who could that be? Someone that has already run dirty campaigns right here in Massachusetts? Yup, that's right. It's Mitt the Pit. His telltale smirk pasted on his smarmy face, he makes claims about his background that are ludicrious, and he attacks the other candidates as being unfit to govern. He's the ONLY candidate with the experience to run the country because he's run a business and he's run the Olympics. Oh, and he's run Massachusetts into the ground. Right now, as I type this, he's got a negative campaign running about McCain, claiming he's for higher taxes and has already had his chance to run the country. That slimebag.

My favorite line of Mitts is the one where he brags about lowering taxes in Massachusetts. Well, yes, he did lower taxes. But the consequence of that? Did he mention all the social programs that he's decimated? Nope, he conveniently forgot that. Lying scum.

I pray that the citizens of Iowa don't fall for Mitt's lies. The Republicans don't really have much of a viable candidate so far. Huckabee doesn't understand the separation of church and state, and his views on religion and choice are too extreme for those of us in New England. Mitt can't run a state, never mind a country. This is a man whose entire life is based on being a groomed heir to his father's legacy. He's hollow inside. There is no substance. Which leaves McCain. In my opinion, he's the least noxious of the bunch, but at 71 he's old. And unfortunately, he's also an ingrained Washington insider.

I'm an Edwards supporter of long standing. I liked him in the last go around, and I like him now. I think he's the only candidate that actually understand and wants to confront and change poverty in the US. To me, poverty is a mega-issue that has been completely ignored for the past 8 years. Before that, it was misunderstood by the Clinton administration, who changed the welfare laws and made it almost impossible for women living in poverty to better themselves. So much for welfare reform. All it did was throw women off the roles and keep them living in the worst kind of squalor without child care and subsidized housing. Nice!

I'm concerned that Hillary is going to end up as the Democratic candidate, and I'm just not sure that she can beat a Republican, any Republican. She's not well liked or respected by a large segment of the population, and those folks vote. I think Edwards is the only viable candidate that can beat a Republican.

But meanwhile, Edwards is hardly advertising at all in New Hampster, while both Obama and Clinton are running ads often. Not as often as Mitt, but nobody has that Mormon money under their belt like he does.

I just can't believe we're going to have to do this all over again the first week in February.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ree said...

Mr. Hot calls Mitt "The Stepford Candidate".

I like Edwards, too. I think he's our only chance in the long run, Hillary and Obama stand no chance in this country. The slam ads will be horrid and Dems don't vote like they should.

3/1/08 8:42 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I'm still undecided. I wish Hillary had waited; I think she'd have been a more viable candidate in 2012. I like her positions on the issues, and I always respected her more than I respected Bill, but I don't know that the USA is ready to elect her yet. Obama or Edwards...which way to go?

3/1/08 8:57 PM  
Blogger Em said...

I'm torn between Edwards and Obama. I just can't see myself voting for Hillary.

4/1/08 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.