HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Prime example of why teens need cell phones

Pardon me while I swallow my heart back down to it's normal locale in my chest. It's been in my throat for a few minutes. I'm lucky the defibrillator didn't go off.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed brushing the mop known as my hair, looking out the window at the front yard. The Boy and his friend C were about to depart with their friend R to hang at the mall. The Boy told me that R's parents would be driving. OK.

I hear the kids leave the house. The door slams, and then I wait to watch the car round the bend in the driveway and head down the hill into my view. Oh, here it comes, a small red......

WHAT THE HELL?

The small red car is going about 45 mph in my driveway. The driveway that heads straight downhill and into a fairly busy street. Whomever is driving said red car does not even slow down as he reaches the bottom of the hill. He does not hit the brakes as he comes to the end of the driveway. He peels out of the driveway onto the busy street blindly, because we have huge stone pillars on either side of the driveway that can easily blind him and the other cars. I can hear him peeling out as well as see him.

Grab the landline. Call the cell phone. "GET OUT OF THE CAR" I yell. The Boy is confused and hangs up on me.

I call the cell phone again. "GET OUT OF THAT CAR RIGHT NOW" I yell. He says he is. I say "NOW" and he tells his friend to stop the car.

He comes home with his head hanging. I apologize for embarrassing him. He told me I didn't embarrass him, that he didn't know R was driving and that R was "A good driver." Um, I don't think so.

And this is why you need your teen to carry a cell phone. You might be saving his life.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger DeeJay said...

Wow. Good call Mom.

12/1/08 3:41 PM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

That's it. We're moving to a deserted island till Annalie is 27.

12/1/08 8:29 PM  
Blogger daysgoby said...

You've probably already found this, but here:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4120468

cheers -
Jess

(oh, and GOOD CALL about the crazy driver.)

12/1/08 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.