HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A sad farewell to John Edwards

Today's announcement that John Edwards is going to drop out of the presidential race isn't surprising. He had almost no media coverage (positive or negative) and his populist message focused on poverty in America is still like talking to the deaf; nobody wants to hear it. But Edwards represented me. I'm living in poverty and although my poverty isn't that horribly uncomfortable compared to many families, I know what it is to have to make choices that should never have to be made. I've got pneumonia right now, but I'm unable to see a doctor due to the way the health care system is set up to be uncooperative at best with handicap transportation.

I believe in John Edwards. I think he really cared about the disenfranchised in the US. I believe he could have let this country forward in a way that would make the biggest difference for it's citizens.

But now I'm in a quandary. I have to choose someone else to vote for, and frankly, my choices aren't dancing in front of me. Hilary... I just don't think I can do it. I like Bill, I think he's brilliant and funny and very interesting. Having read his books, I feel that I know the man. But Hilary is an enigma to me. That shell of being a political wife for so long seems impenetrable. I'm sure there's a person behind there, but I don't think it's the person I want to vote for. She needs to tell me what she's going to do to help me, and her health care plan sucks. She's not going to change the poverty levels, she's not going to change low income housing jamups, and she's certainly not going to change the farm bill. We have different needs and interests.

Obama? I'm just not confident that he can beat a Republican, especially if it's John McCain, which is looking more and more possible. I just don't know. I feel like I've got a lot more research to do before Super Tuesday, and I feel like my choice was swept from under my feel.

Thank you, John Edwards, for at least bringing the discussion of poverty in the US to the forefront, even if nobody else even bothered to listen.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I, too, was disappointed. It makes my choice easier, but not better.

1/2/08 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.