HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Styling Medic Alert Bracelets

Like many people with chronic illnesses, I don't wear a medic alert bracelet because they are FUGLY. I mean really grossly ugly. I have information about my medical issues in my wallet, but I know I'm supposed to be wearing a bracelet or necklace. I just can't make myself spend money on something so clunky and horrid. But....

Look what I found today. Gorgeous stylish medical alert bracelets, necklaces, and even anklets! Ones that I'd be psyched to wear. What a great idea. Kudos to The Beadin' Beagle for coming up with such a good idea.

If you have a teen with a chronic illness, these are especially interesting. I know the Girl would rather keel over and die from an asthma attack than to wear some fugly medic alert bracelet, but she would wear these.

Now I just have to decide which one I like best for me. These are the ones I like best:

By the Shore

Crystal Bicones

Gold Filled Over the Rainbow

Bohemian Chic

Which do you like best?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Jendeis said...

Those are so pretty. You could also check out here. I was thinking about it more in terms of being out and about. For example, when The Boy & The Girl are walking to school or whatnot.

9/1/08 3:33 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Those are really pretty! Do you think they'll attract people's attention the same way the fugly ones do?

The more meds I become allergic to the more I wonder if one of those is in my future...

9/1/08 4:03 PM  
Blogger Ladybug's Picnic said...

Those are cute. I am allergic to bees, penicillin, iodine and a zillion others. But those are the big ones. I have a standard issue (ugly) med alert bracelet but I never wear it (dumb).

9/1/08 7:11 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/1/08 7:23 PM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

I like Bohemian Chic and the Rainbow one equally. Now I wish I'd voted for poor sad no-votes Rainbow! :-)

9/1/08 9:36 PM  
OpenID cucco86 said...

I was looking through different types of medical alert jewelry when I came across you post. The jewelry posted on your page is very beautiful, and I would also suggest checking out:

http://www.universalmedicalid.com/uk/

While wearing medical alert jewelry isn't usually attractive, Universal Medical ID has designed stylish and affordable jewelry in all styles, so you can look great and be safe!

30/4/08 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.