HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 04, 2008

There are days....

This has been a day of super-uber frustration. I had an appointment earlier this morning with our family therapist, and in the middle of the meeting I got two phone calls, both of which totally stressed me out. First, my friend Iris's mother collapsed the day after her father got out of the hospital after bypass surgery. Her mother is now in the hospital, her father is home alone, and Iris had to fly home to deal with this emergency. Her husband is worthless and hostile, her bother is clueless, and it's all on her shoulders. She was just down last week dealing with her father, now this weekend it's her mom. Welcome to the sandwich generation! I still haven't had time to connect with her and finish the phone call.

Then the Girl called from school. She was so upset. She had to make up a test yesterday and so she wasn't in her history class when they talked about where to meet the bus this morning for a field trip. She was SO psyched about going on the field trip, but the guy that runs her program screwed her royally by having a hissy fit about a therapy session he was supposed to have cancelled but didn't, and due to his hysteria, she missed the bus for the field trip. Instead of letting her just go to her classes she was missing he kept her all freaking day in in-school suspension, accused her of planning to skip the field trip (believe me, she wasn't) and then accused her of being stoned (she wasn't). This guy is driving me bananas. I've complained twice about him, but this time I'm mad. MAD. He's horribly unprofessional and he's just the nosiest jerk. I don't like him, but I've put up with his shenanigans for 2 years now. I'm getting really tired of the same old crap.

Then I had a doctor's appointment at 3. The Ride picked me up a half hour late, as usual, but I got there relatively on time. I sat and waited and waited and waited. An hour and a quarter went by, and I was still waiting. The Ride was about ready to pick me up, so I had to go and tell them that I couldn't wait any longer. This has happened twice now. I don't understand why they are running so far behind. 15 minutes late is tolerable. 75 minutes is intolerable. Why is that so hard to understand? Of course, the Ride was late too, so I spent even more quality time waiting. My freaking life is all about waiting.

I finally got home and both kids were attacking me within seconds. They wanted this, they wanted that, they needed this now. I was tired and I'm sick as a dog, and they were all over me. The Girl was going to her friend's house for a sleepover, the Boy wanted to go to his friend's house for a sleepover, too. Usually I like to stagger then so I can have some 'alone' time with each kid, but I was so ticked I sent them both away so I could have some peace and quiet.

I'm still trying to digest the Iowa caucus results. I'm happy with the Republican outcome. I'm thrilled Mitt didn't win, and although Huckabee did, he's just not a viable candidate in parts of the country that aren't fundamental evangelical Christians. They only make up 27% of the population, so as long as the other people get to the polls, Huckabee is a goner.

But I really had hoped Edwards would do better. I'm glad that Hilary tanked. I was pretty sure she would. And Obama seems to have a lot of very young and idealistic supporters, so his base in Iowa city came out in droves. To be honest, if Edwards can't carry the Democrats, and I still believe he can, then Obama is my choice over Hilary. I'm still hoping for Edwards, but he isn't big in New Hampster and hasn't spent much time or money there. So we'll see.

McCain has spent time in New Hampster and I think he's going to have a better showing there than in Iowa. But I don't have a lot of confidence in the citizens of New Hampster. As a rule, they're not the brightest bulbs on the political tree. Too many freaking libertarians with a 'it's all about ME' attitude. The people who oppose seat belt laws, taxes of any sort, and don't get that property taxes pay for good schools and good services.

All I know is, pretty much anything is an improvement over Bush.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, man, rough day! I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Kids seem to need one, too.

4/1/08 10:46 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

Stop insulting New Hampshire! Some of my closest friends live there. Heh. I think the results in Iowa aren't half as important as the media is making them out to be. We shall see.

5/1/08 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.