HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 11, 2008

Thunder, Lightening, and a Downpour (Updated)

Ah yes, Global Warming! Isn't it just the BEST? We had gorgeous weather for a few days, so of course, this being New England and all, it's time to suffer! Since early this morning we've had enough rain to create a lake in my back yard.

Lake Margalit

I know that Janice takes great pride on having her own lake in her back garden, but she lives in Seattle where many people probably have their own lakes. But I live on the tip top of a big hill and I've got my own lake today, complete with ice floe and everything! Not to complain or anything, because having waterfront property in this city is big! We covet waterfront property.

See the ice burg?

Then there is Amanda of Mandajuice, who moves to Vancouver WA only to have a tornado in her brand new town. I mean, what are the chances of a January tornado in Washington?

A River Runs Through It

Yesterday leaf blowers, today thunder. Damn if my life isn't filled with excitement! If it were not for Trader Joe's Winter Blend coffee, I would be sad because it's so dark and gray outside. But I'm totally hopped up on coffee, I got picked up by Boston.com this morning and Universal Hub last night, and lurkers have said lovely things on the delurking post, so I'm happy happy happy!

What insane weather are you experiencing this morning?

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rhi said...

I'm just over the bridge from Amanda, and we had some freakish winds yesterday. Oh, and it's been raining for 400 years. Sometimes even IN my office.

11/1/08 2:32 PM  
Blogger WI Mommy said...

Here on the frozen tundra, we have had (in the last five days) 60+ degrees, a F3 tornado, buckets of rain, several thunderstorms, and four inches of snow. I'm waiting for the locusts and then I'm heading to the nearest bar to drink until the end of the world!!

11/1/08 6:49 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

It's been a very weird January in Wisconsin, all right. My yard looks like it does in March, sans flowers. Mud, dirty snow, small pond where the garden will be...I hope the Tundra stays frozen for the football game tomorrow!

11/1/08 8:12 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

A few showers. A nooner. S few rays of sun then darkness ay 4:30p.m. Not a bad day overall.

11/1/08 11:41 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

janice, you totally crack me up. I'm glad you've renewed your sex life...it's given me a chance for a great giggle!

12/1/08 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.