HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Choice isn't all that easy

Today, for the first time in my voting lifetime of 30+ years, I walked into the voting booth with no clear idea of whom I was going to vote for. Oh, I knew I was getting the 'pink' ballot for Democrats, but aside from that, I really was undecided. Me, the queen of opinions, undecided. I never thought it would happen.

The problem is, the two Democratic candidates that are left don't really speak my language. John Edwards spoke my language. He understood my issues. Barak Obama is close, but I don't like a non-mandated universal health care. I believe that there must be a mandate. Hilary. Hmmm, what can I say about Hilary Clinton? She does support a mandated universal care, but she also is using Robert Kennedy's legacy to pretend she's a champion of the disenfranchised, poor, and blue collar workers. I think not. She's never been poor a day in her life and I don't think she has any understanding of what poverty means. It's not real to her. It's just another academic exercise that she's read about or heard about. That bothers me. Plus, she's totally taking huge corporate donations and that's JUST what we need following the Shrub.

In my opinion, we have to make big changes in how this country works. We need to start protecting our own people, the ones that need a safety net, before we go spending trillions in some country that never even had a beef with us. I don't want to see another penny cut in medicare, medicaid, social security or social services. We can't afford more homeless families, more homeless vets, more mentally ill people walking the streets. We need to look inward and start caring for the people that need help here before we go outside our borders.

But in the end, I voted for Obama.

I don't regret it, but I regret not having the opportunity to vote for John Edwards.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Neener said...

In the end, I too voted for Obama. Sam actually got to vote for John Edwards because he voted during Xmas break in Georgia's "early voting" system. Tonight Gabe and I are going to watch the returns at Manuel's the democratic party watering hole in our part of town.

5/2/08 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Becky68 said...

I understand how you feel, I'm sad about Edwards too, he was who I was going to vote for (next Tuesday here in VA)I'm still torn now between the lesser of two evils.

5/2/08 5:39 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Our primary is in two weeks; I'm afraid it may be all decided by then. My vote may not count for much.

5/2/08 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you when Edwards said he was dropping out. I wonder if he will consider being someone's VP, or if he will just wait and try again next time.

I am less than enthused by this whole race so far.

Ranchmom1

6/2/08 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.