HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Getting them to leave

We seem to have once again become the house where teens congregate. I am getting really sick of this because they are loud, occasionally rude, eat everything in the house, and in general annoy me. OK, not all the time and not every kid, but some really do.

I know it's good that they feel comfortable in our house. I know that it's good that my kids feel comfortable bringing their friends here. But hell, how do you get them to leave? For some reason, teenagers we know do not seem to have curfews. They seem to be allowed to go out all day and then settle in for the evening at our house. I want them to leave, but they don't. I even say things like "It's seven o'clock, time to leave." and they think I'm joking. I'm not. I've had enough for the day.

They sit around and gossip like a bunch of old hens. First it's this kid, and did you know that blah blah blah. Then they start talking about kid's family life, and about who got fired from what job (every kid they know has been fired from their first job), and who is going out with who's old girlfriend. OMG, I can just sit here in the next room and learn all the gossip. It's hysterical. I love it when they start dissing other people's parents. That really cracks me up.

The weird thing is, they all get along, the Boy, his friends, the Girl and her friends. They're all so freaking loud, too. Right now they're singing old songs. Cats in the Cradle, Mrs Robinson. The Girl makes jokes, the Boy wants to argue a point with me, and I just want them all to go home.

They pull out a yearbook from my junior year of high school and read the comments. They're laughing like crazy. They like to look at the photo of the Maharishi Mehesh Yogi, who came to visit my high school. What? It was 1969 in LA. What do you expect?

When will they go home?

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I know what you mean! I was a bit luckier: I got to share the supervision duties with my husband. It makes a big difference having another adult around. The piece of the noise I didn't like was the slamming of the doors on the way in and out. Even with my hearing aids off, that would wake me.

9/2/08 8:20 PM  
Anonymous bethany actually said...

I used to LOVE looking at my mom's old high school yearbooks. She graduated in 1969 from Banning(CA) High, but nobody famous visited their tiny school. :-)

9/2/08 10:32 PM  
Blogger JaniceNW said...

In about 5 years, if you're lucky. So I've been told. We are moving and will now have 2 stories. I can see them conglomerating in the new house already. :(

9/2/08 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.