HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am a bad bad mommy

I've been busy today working on my new project and I am just not in the mood to be bothered. I don't mind a bit of interruption, but I am so frigging sick of various and sundry teenagers coming over and parking their butts on my sofa that I just can't stand any more. Thankfully, vacation ends tonight and tomorrow I'll have hours of time to my own.

But last night I told the kids that I was in a rotten mood because I have just had my fill of other people in the house. I want a day to get back to normal, to clean up the mess they all left behind, and to just steady my nerves which are totally shot.

The Girl went out for the day and came back a tad bit grumpy. Seems her brother had eaten the last of the corned beef that was earmarked for her. And the day she was counting on being fun wasn't all that fun in reality.

The Boy also went out to an all-ages show in the city with a couple of friends. It was so nice without him, but damn it, he came home. With his friends. Who plopped their butts back on my sofa, despite my telling them to go home. They just didn't listen. I was on the phone with Janice and we were being perfectly pleasant conversationalists while my kids were fighting in the background and I was yelling at those damn friends to GO HOME. It took about 45 minutes to convince them that I wanted them to leave, which burned me no end. If you were at a house and someone was screaming for you to leave, wouldn't you leave? I know I would. Especially if it was the mother of my friend. But these kids are freaking denseoids and didn't seem to believe I was serious.

I feel back for kicking them out, but I told the Boy I didn't want them there in the first place. Just what do I have to do to get my kids to understand that I've had enough of them, I don't need their friends added to the mix.

Plus, the freaking worthless pet peed someplace in the house. Where? I don't know. I can't find the pee. But he peed. No doubt about it.

So I was a crappy mommy today. I lost it. I've been at this long enough to know that losing it happens. Sometimes it happens a lot. More than I wish it would. Usually I can tolerate a lot more than I have been willing to lately. I'm really tired and in a horrible mood. I think the anti-depressant isn't working as well as it did. Perhaps I need to up the dosage.

I just want to cry non-stop. I need cheering up. The Oscar gowns better be fabulous this year.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger madamspud169 said...

Why not say to the friends "I want you to leave now, I'm not joking. Go" then if they're still there get a spray of water and squirt it at them till they leave.

OR

Turn off the lights & tv or buy yourself a cheap opera or classical music cd and play it till they leave.

25/2/08 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.