HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I do not suffer fools well

This has been driving me crazy since this afternoon and I just have to get it out. People on game shows are idiots. Oh, not Jeopardy. But every other game show. Here's today's example. The Boy came home from school feeling terrible, lay down on the sofa, and put on the tv to Family Feud. OK, that is, by far, the stupidest game show of all game shows. They must hire families to appear by advertising, "Are you stupid? Is your family even more stupid? Want to make total asses out of yourself on national television? Call Family Feud for more information." I gotta wonder where the hell they get people so dumb.

Anyhow, the question was, name things associated with Moses. They got the burning bush, they got crossing the red sea, and they got the 10 commandments. They missed a couple, and with their last X up, one of the stupids said, and I am NOT making this up, "Jesus." I start screaming at the TV. JESUS? What a frigging moron. JESUS? What the F?

It was one of the answers. Which means that not only is the family a bunch of morons, but those surveyed (as in, the survey says) are even bigger idiots.

Jesus and Moses have about as much in common as I do with the Sultan of Brunai. The original one. They lived hundreds of years apart. They never met, they never had anything in common other than the Christian claim that Jesus was a prophet. Um, and even that is disputed by those who aren't Christian. Moses ="Old" testament. Jesus = "New" testament.

All day I've been grumbling about this. Now this incident is second to my all time favorite game show stupidity, early on in the history of Wheel of Fortune, when some sad person said, "I"d like to buy a vowel. I'd like an F please." That had to be about 25 years ago and I still haven't forgotten it. I mean, how could you? An F??? What the F?

As I said, I do not suffer fools well.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Thumper said...

You get in front of a TV camera, and your brain farts. People aren't necessarily stupid, but they freeze. Whaever pops into their head pops out of their mouth.

It's a byproduct of fear, most likely, not idiocy. My cousin was on a game show once and says the vibe oi so overwhelming, you don't even know which end is up. Cut 'em a break.

(She won, btw...her advice is to never win a game show, because the taxes will kill you.)

5/2/08 2:40 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

These same people probably think Sodom and Gomorrah are people(like Cain and Abel). :)

5/2/08 8:58 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Even Ken Jennings (the incredible Jeopardy mascot) stated that his first game was really nervewracking. I enjoy Jeopardy. I still hate Wheel of Torture; it's more interesting with the sound off. :)

5/2/08 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.