HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh, my aching back

Last night the Girl was very upset about something and was really on a tear. Not only did she scream at everyone here, she also was mad at all her friends. I empathized with her because she was really in the right and one of the meaner mean girls in her life is really making her life miserable by spreading pretty vicious lies. This particular mean girl loves controversy and drama and stirs it up over and over again. Girl has stayed away from this particular girl for months, but the mean girl keeps stirring the pot, and her latest rumor was just too over the top for the Girl.

Of course, when the Girl is upset she needs lots of hugs and time to just process everything that is going on. Usually that means she wants to crawl in bed with me and snuggle and talk. It's comfortable for her, although I'm not always thrilled about the company in my bed. She's what's known as a 'busy' sleeper in our family.

She went up to bed and I joined her about 15 minutes later and she was already dead to the world. I didn't want to wake her up because she's such a lousy sleeper that she might be up all night and nobody wants that. So I let her sleep. I wasn't tired and watched a bit of TV and read a magazine before even trying to close my eyes.

The Girl snores. A Lot. Loudly. I spent half the night pushing her over and telling her to stop snoring, and the rest of the night being butted, kicked, punched and pushed. Needless to say, I didn't get a drop of sleep all night long.

I love sleeping with my kids. I did it when they were little a lot, and finally cut them off except for 'special occasions' when they were 11 or 12. It was enough. I'm not anti-family bed, but when your kids keep you up all night because it's like sleeping with a big truck driver, it's no longer that sweet tender moment you remember. It's painful and to be perfectly honest, not all that swell.

My back is killing me because I kept trying to get comfortable scrunched over on the edge of my bed while the Girl and Worthless Pet both were snoring in tandem. With all the covers. So not a fun night.

But in the morning she felt better, more relaxed and less angry. And that was the point, right? Please tell me I'm right!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Yes, you're right. :-) I like the term "busy sleeper". Annalie is definitely one of those too.

26/2/08 11:21 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Yes. It was worth it. Would she consider trying BreatheRight strips? Of course, if she's tossing and turning, it won't make a difference. She'll still keep you awake.

27/2/08 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.