HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 17, 2008

Ah, the afterglow!

I could talk about how tired I am.

Or how I lost another lb and went up another level on the elliptical machine.

Or how I'm enjoying my yoga class despite the fact that my bones make the most horrible popping noises every time I bend my neck in a stretched out position. Crunch!

Or even how my son milked his migraine today to stay home and drive me absolutely bonkers with the throwing and the poking and the stupid comments galore.

I could complain about how somebody, and I'm not naming names because I don't know who, broke my beautiful purple ceramic vase that was a birthday gift from an old friend.

Or about how nobody has washed a dish in over 24 hours.

Or how my daughter thinks that school nights are for socializing all of a sudden.

Or how cold it is outside.

But I'm not gonna.

I'm simply going to say that creating this new blog has been such a labor of love for me. I want to say that the reception the blogosphere has shown us, and the lovely things you all have said, has made every second of the craziness behind the scenes totally worth it.

You all know that I don't work much anymore, and I'm sure many of you know that creating a group blog with a large group of very busy women isn't a piece of cake. But what you don't know is that I did the entire site by myself. I ported it over from blogger to typepad, which is an adventure I would not like to repeat anytime soon. I didn't use any of the typepad templates because of their limitations, so the entire site is hand-coded. It's been YEARS since I did anything like this, and my brain was stretched to it's limits several times during the process. I worked more hours than I have since my heart started it's downhill slide. I lost 5 lbs. The only thing that kept me going is knowing that we had something special there. Something I wasn't willing to push aside.

But I'm not complaining. Not one word of complaint. This has been a huge labor of love for me. And I'm so proud of the site, of the people who are writing for it, of my family for being so patient and excited for me, for my friends that put up with my talk of code issues ad nauseum, and for my readers for accepting some pretty sad drivel during all this work.

The reception Mid-Century Modern Moms received today, and is continuing to receive makes it all worthwhile. Honestly, I haven't felt prouder or more filled with the satisfaction of a job well done in many years. I loved creating it, I loved the craziness of the creation itself, and I'm going to love writing for MCMM.

So thank you to everyone involved, from the writers, to the new readers to all my support system behind the scenes. You all rock!

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger JaniceNW said...

No girlfriend! YOU ROCK!! What a terrific effort you made and it shows. I'm proud to be your friend.

18/3/08 1:04 AM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Well it's about time someone created something for the non-diaper set! Great job!

18/3/08 5:48 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Dahlin', YOU rock! And don't you forget it! I'm proud as punch to be part of your new project.

18/3/08 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.