HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 01, 2008

I can be quite the officious bitch

When I'm in the midst of a project and I'm working my rather expansive tail off, I kinda sorta get...bossy. I know! Who would have thunk it? I like what I'm working on, and because it isn't ready to unveil yet, I can't share what I'm actually doing, but I'm enjoying it on both the technical plane and just because it's kind of fun. Kind of.

Of course, like any project, when I work with other people, people who have lives and jobs and time commitments, I tend to expect the same level of enthusiasm for the project that I have. Because I'm a douche bag. And officious.

I am trying to change this. After many years of management, it is kind of hard to be laid back when you ask people to do stuff and they ignore you. I kind of forget that these people are volunteering their time and energy. Because, again, I'm a douche bag. And officious.

So, for the few of you that know what I'm talking about (and you know who you are), I'm sorry and I'll be a better person. I promise. I know that I'm totally invested in this project and for the rest of you, it's a side project. I get that. I'm just overly enthusiasic (read douchebag) at times, especially when it's getting close to the end and the really hard part is going to be the next item on the list.

For the rest of you that are thinking, "Could she BE any more vague?" I promise this will all become clear very soon. Hopefully sooner than I'm planning, but that all depends on the back end engineering, something I'm not all that great at.

------

Onto other topics. Tonight my children have announced the first Harry Potter Marathon. They are watching every Harry Potter movie. All 5 of them. In a row. They've just started number two and I'm already bored to tears.

------

I am still trying to process last Thursday's LOST episode. The more I move around the LOST sites, the more sure I become of some theories and unsure of others. Everyone seems to have quite the opinions after this episode. For once, they gave us more answers than questions, and still we watchers are all confuzzled.

------

Let's talk John McCain for a sec, shall we? First, what's with the being born in Panama and running for President. Unless I'm wrong, the constitution clearly states that the President MUST have been born IN THE USA. Not on an American military base. Not in Puerto Rico. Or Guam. IN THE USA. So how is he getting away with this?

Also, have you read his record on abortion and contraception. It is beyond frightening. The man does not believe in contraception. WTF?

He also is considered the WORST senator on Children's issues. WORST. Isn't that just the best reason to vote for him?

Besides the fact that he will never ever end the war, do we REALLY even want to consider for one second that this man might be good for this country. No, we DO NOT.

Labels: , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

No, you're not a douche bag. Stop beating yourself up with one. Now. They're messy.

1/3/08 10:24 PM  
OpenID chloefieri said...

If you were to read the constitution you'd learn that the exact words are "native born citizen". Not "born in the USA". Anyone who is born of parents who are US citizens is a native born citizen of the US.

2/3/08 3:44 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

The term in the Constitution is "natural born citizen".

And it is not true that anyone born of US citizens is a "natural born" or a "native born" citizen, even if they were born on a US base or diplomatic mission.

There is considerable ambiguity here, in fact. (hint: google the quoted terms.)

2/3/08 4:41 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Bill, you are correct. There IS considerable ambiguity here, which is why I'm rather ticked that McCain got to run this far without anyone even questioning his citizenship.

2/3/08 4:22 PM  
Blogger Poppy Buxom said...

No wonder he's soft on immigration! The guy's a wetback.

I think they should have questioned his citizenship before he attended the Naval Academy. Or before he was sent to Vietnam. Or ran for election in the U. S. House of Representatives. Or the Senate. And definitely before putting him in a prisoner of war camp.

And BTW Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona before it was a state, and they let him run.

2/3/08 9:27 PM  
OpenID chloefieri said...

Sorry. I meant to type "natural" not "native". Quite a different meaning, I agree. Anyway, in McCain's case the United States Code could hardly be more clear:

“[8 U.S.C. 1403](a) Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.” IOW, McCain's citizenship is not in question.

3/3/08 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.