HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lost Recap Will be DELAYED

I'm so sorry to those of you that come here to read my recap of LOST, but I didn't get to see it tonight. I was out doing a mitzvah for a friend whose son is in trouble, and I missed the episode. We'll be downloading it later tonight and I'll update as soon as I can. I'm really sorry because I wanna see LOST, and I don't want to see it on the computer. I'll have to watch the 'enriched' version next week. Although those popups drive me nuts.

OK, onto the next topic. I have only had to do this once before in the entire history of this blog. But I'm tired, I'm pissy, and I'm just a bit annoyed that some anonymous asshat has decided to leave nasty comments that are based on his/her inability to read. This is the first comment:

Anonymous said...

If summer school doesn't cost you anything, why were you soliciting funds for it on your blog last year? I vividly remember seeing a tip jar labeled, "Help me pay for summer school."


To which I responded...

Anon. Summer school costs $375 PER CLASS. It costs a lot for 5 weeks. I don't know where you got the idea that it didn't cost anything. I said that the school is going to PAY for summer school this summer since they owe me that much. Not that I've told them this yet, but they will. But it costs. Believe me, it costs.


And then my friend Anon said...

I GOT the idea that it didn't cost anything, from your post. Of which you've edited. It no longer even mentions summer school. What gives?

You've always had a history of throwing your weight around on your blog, especially concerning your childrens' education.. and then editing things out. Do you think that people don't catch it when you do that?

I have had a history of throwing my weight around on my blog. Is that bizarre or what? It's MY blog, you moron. I can say whatever I want on my blog. I can tell you you're a big stupid asshole. Because it's MY blog.

I have never, not once ever, edited anything out. Not one word. I do not edit my posts. I do not EVER edit anything. So no, I don't think people catch me. I don't do it. But my stupid anonymous friend, YOU misread things and then make accusations. The comment you read about summer school? It's in the comment I left for Dave2. It's right where I left it. Nothing edited.

Again, I want to repeat for everyone. I never ever edit anything out. Once it's posted, it stays. Never once on the history of this blog have I ever changed a post to suit comments.

However, I do occasionally have to change my comment policy when a particular irksome commenter feels compelled to stalk me and then accuse me of things I don't do on MY OWN BLOG. Because it is apparent that some people are not bright enough to understand the purpose of a personal blog. Which is to talk about what irks me. Or pleases me. Or touches me. The purpose of this particular personal blog is NOT to defend myself against the moronic accusations of people not swift enough to read a comment policy. That sucks for everyone.

I'm going to have to turn off the ability to comment anonymously. I'm sorry I have to do this, but it's the only way our little anonymous friends will go away. They're so little that they can't use their own names to admit to their words. And frankly, I've got enough going on in my life right now where I don't need additional tsuris from people that don't even have the capability to read correctly. I apologize to everyone else, but Anonymous needed calling out.

Toodle-loo!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Jozet at Halushki said...

So...are you paying for summer school, or what?


;-)

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

BTW, I love the labels for that post, lol!

Signed, Anonymous

7/3/08 12:32 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Bwahaha, very funny. I have absolutely NO intention of paying for summer school. None. I guess that's clear enough. But she will be going to summer school. The school WILL pay for it. They're so out of compliance with her IEP, they'll do pretty much anything I ask rather than to get embroiled in a very public law suit. Them's the breaks, I guess. I'm only asking for less than $800. They're reaping over 20K for my daughter while not doing a damn thing for her. They DO teach math at the school so I'm sure someone knows how to look at this problem carefully and realize what a bargain they are getting. At least I hope so!

7/3/08 3:41 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Looking forward to your LOST post. I can't wait to share some thoughts with you!

-A

7/3/08 10:51 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

You are a strong advocate for your children. The district won't like the expense, but they owe your daughter a Free Appropriate Public Education by law. You go, girl (I mean woman!!). (And this from the perspective of a public shcool teacher)

8/3/08 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.