HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 08, 2008

My neighbors are having a party

We do know our neighbors. They're a very young couple, no kids, one cat. They work odd hours, he's a waiter in school, she teaches art and music in preschools. They're rarely home, but they're always friendly when they are, and we're friendly back. I like them, and they seem to put up with us pretty well.

Tonight they're having a big party. Cars have been driving up the driveway all night long. We're so used to silence around here that when a bunch of cars come up the hill it's very big news. We so need to get a life!

Sometime around 9, there were cars parked willy-nilly all over the driveway and people were hanging out smoking in front of their door. Lots of young people in black clothes and scarves and very tight jeans. They looked like they were having so much fun.

It made me feel lonely and sad. Nobody I know has parties like this anymore. We're all old and stodgy and so freaking boring. Dinner parties are just plain dull. I haven't been to a party like this, with raucous laughter and people drinking and smoking out the door, in oh, forever. I can't remember the last time.

I don't want to GO to this party. I don't know their friends and I'm 20 years or so older than my neighbors. But I'd like to have been invited, just for show. You know? It's like I want, for one day, not to be the old me, but once again the young me. I'd like to have that LOST time travel thing and go back to the 1980's when I was partying very heartily and having the time of my life. Before my heart went wonky and I couldn't do this stuff anymore.

Today I don't like growing older. I don't like rainy days and migraines and people having a blast 50' from my office window. Today I want sunshine and warm weather and my friends all to be happy and healthy and not so stressed out. Today I want time to turn back to when life was easier. Just for a bit.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Life sucks sometimes, doesn't it? Especially when you are a mature adult and don't get to throw tantrums anymore about stuff you can't change. I hope tomorrow brings some sunshine and health and more of those good things you mentioned.

9/3/08 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.