HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sometimes you bring pain upon yourself

The Boy...he's roiling on the sofa grabbing his stomach and whinging.

"Ohhh, ooooooo, I feel so horrible. I'm nauseated. I've got a headache. I'm hot. I feel terrible. I'm sick."

Well, boo hoo hoo.

I know, that sounds so mean. But the child went to McDonalds with friends this afternoon because they were having a $.39 cheeseburger special. He bought 10 of them. Ten freaking cheeseburgers. What the hell was he thinking?

He was thinking he could shove 10 cheeseburgers down his gullet and not suffer the consequences. Unfortunately he forgot that he had a bad tummy ache all day in school and felt like he was going to hurl most of the day. Which is just perfect for deciding that 10 cheeseburgers would be a perfect after school snack.

Lo and behold, guess who barfed up 5 of the cheeseburgers in the McDonalds bathroom. Yeah. Nothing says loving like hurling in a filthy public restroom. Gaak, the thought makes me want to hurl.

So no, I don't have a lot of sympathy for him. Yet another lesson in "there are consequences for your actions, bucko!"

Funny thing? He brought home the other 5 (which I won't allow in my fridge) thinking he would feel better and then eat them. Um, I don't think so. Out with the trash they went.

You know, you get what you pay for. $.39 seems like such a bargain, but let's face it, McDonalds could be free and it would still not be a bargain. I can't keep him from going there with his friends, it's right up the street from where we live, and teenage boys inhale their food all the time. But if you're going to act like a pig, then you should suffer the consequences. I hope he'll learn, but I know he won't. He'll be back next Wednesday afternoon for more hockey pucks of hell.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Hilly said...

Wow, that is a lot of cheeseburgers! I'd have already thrown them up so his tummy is stronger than mine!

27/3/08 7:49 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

That sounds like something Diminutive One would do. This year is the first year that he hasn't thrown up on Easter from sneaking candy until his sides are creaking.

28/3/08 6:49 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Did you hear the news: the inventor of the egg mcmuffin died? I thought I should take my young ones out for an egg mcmuffin as a tribute, but neither one was awake "early" enough.
Works for me. :)

28/3/08 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.