HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sucked in by Twitter

I've been twittering for a long time, and what I've noticed about my Twitter habit is that the more I Twitter, the less interested I am in reading blogs. Twitter is so instant, so up to date, it seems silly to go back and read what people are blogging about when I know what they're doing that instant.

Which makes me question whether Twitter is just a time suck, or the greatest application since Blogger. I tried to stop the Twitter habit. I set myself some rules, like I'll only Twitter on weekends. Then I had to stop cold turkey for a while. I took a few weeks off Twitter and found hat I was able to go back occasionally for a tweet session without getting dragged back into the Twitter obsession.

Until zeFrank announced the Twitter color wars. Now, admittedly nobody has a clue what they're all about, but it took me days to decide what team I wanted to be on. This did not bode well for my ability to stay off Twitter. Of course, once I committed to the VeryGreenTeam, I had to keep apace of the first challenge announcement. That came earlier tonight, and I was on it like a cat on a hot tin roof. I couldn't wait to get my entry in.

Damn, I am sucked back in. There is just something so desirable about being able to chitchat with so many people at the same time. I never liked IMing because it took too much time to keep up several conversations at once, but the way Twitter works, it's totally easy. Plus, you can eavesdrop on other conversations and see who is chatting with whom.

If you can't find me, try Twitter. I'm probably there, chattering away. Sad, but true.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

You know, I think I just don't have a twitter-oriented brain or something. I've been on it for almost a year, and I still don't really get it. I mean, I get why it's cool and why others like it, but it just doesn't do it for me, I guess. In the past month or two I keep forgetting it's even there!

23/3/08 10:23 AM  
Blogger Rhiannon said...

But what are the color wars? I am SO CONFUSED!!

23/3/08 11:32 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

The color wars are something zefrank thought up. It's just like summer camp color wars. You sign up for a particular team (Go VeryGreenTeam) and then a twit will come out telling you what the challenge is, and then you do the challenge and attribute it to your team. The first challenge was rock, paper, scissors. You took a photo of your throw, uploaded it to flickr and attributed it, then submitted it, and now we're waiting to see who won. You have till midnight tomorrow to enter!

23/3/08 4:10 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Twitter color wars? I am officially out of it. I twitter, but not often, and I haven't heard of the color wars. Yet.

24/3/08 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.